996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 08:25 AM
trident111 is on a distinguished road
Question Extended Warranty

Picking up my car (05 Turbo S) tomorrow. Do you guys think it is worth getting an extended warranty if so where is the best place to check?

Old 12-03-2009, 08:51 AM
x50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to behold
warranty

if you are going to leave it stock they are fine.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:55 AM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
I used EasyCare Total Care(Gold). I bought it through the dealer that services my car and have never had issues with it. It cost about 3K for 30 month 30,000 miles and I am on my second one.

The biggest leverage you have with getting warranty work done is the knowledge on this site. If you can go to the dealer with your guns loaded and tell them what is wrong after doing a little research on this site, it will get fixed. If are vauge, they will be vauge also.

Get a Durametric and pull codes. Make sure the dealer (or whoever fixes your car) is aware that you know the codes. Also, it will prevent the oops you didn't tighten the gas cap check engine light that the dealer will charge you $130 bucks to reset.

http://www.durametric.com/default.aspx

Originally Posted by trident111
Picking up my car (05 Turbo S) tomorrow. Do you guys think it is worth getting an extended warranty if so where is the best place to check?

Old 12-03-2009, 09:00 AM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
The warranty will not cover exhaust so that is OK to change. Easycare warranty is not effected if you swap out the suspension, they just won't cover that anymore. Flash is a different story.....
Originally Posted by x50plt
if you are going to leave it stock they are fine.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:02 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Whatever you decide to get, read the small print. Some people get a real surprise when they find out what is NOT covered and regret paying for nothing. If you plan to Mod, probably not a good idea?

Old 12-03-2009, 10:09 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Whatever you do DON'T DO FIDELITY unless you want to pay money and have nothing covered.

READ terms critically. When you want it, you may think it looks good. When you need it, the story excludes essentially everything.

Big fraud going on in this business field, be careful.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:00 PM
U74sry is infamous around these parts
I picked up a great deal with insurancepolicies.com