996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

water injection users, Have any of you tried the Devils own meth kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 01:32 PM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
water injection users, Have any of you tried the Devils own meth kit?

I have seen that Aquamist is used very often here on this board, From expierence with my Audi S4 we all run the Devils own kit. As of now it has given me no headaches, and many of the tuners love them, I was just wondering why no one here has chose one of these. They are by far much cheaper then the Aquamist kit selling for about 360 ish, and have been proven with many groups.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by awdbiturbo1
I have seen that Aquamist is used very often here on this board, From expierence with my Audi S4 we all run the Devils own kit. As of now it has given me no headaches, and many of the tuners love them, I was just wondering why no one here has chose one of these. They are by far much cheaper then the Aquamist kit selling for about 360 ish, and have been proven with many groups.

At this point we have installed and tuned with just about every major brand of water injection system on the market.... The only kit we install and tune with is aquamist. You really get what you pay for .

Devils Own

Pros-
Its cheap

Cons-
-No failsafe, no flow gauge, no flow meter, standard pumps not rated for anymore then 50/50 meth, no tank level sensor, no flow control valve, no "active" nozzles.

-The "progressive" controller doesn't have trims for boost compensation, or injector compensation.

-Every system we have installed here had the main system check valve fail (some multiple times.) This cause the line to be "sucked dry" while engine was running in vacuum.

This results in "purge time" needed every single time the system is used. Basically you are WELL into boost before the water actually starts flowing...

Last edited by Tony@epl; 12-14-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:55 PM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
What are the prices on a aqua mist kit compared to a devils own? I know i am talking a bit of topic in regards to the "purge" but i do have to purge the system very often in the s4 as it develops air in the system and can not open the valve...

Old 12-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
What are the prices on a aqua mist kit compared to a devils own? I know i am talking a bit of topic in regards to the "purge" but i do have to purge the system very often in the s4 as it develops air in the system and can not open the valve...
Buy 3-4 of these to have them on hand. As soon as you see air in the line, replace again....and repeat.

http://www.alcohol-injection.com/bra...valves-64.html

The hfs1 system is $675. This is the system thats would me "most comparable to the Devils own.

To compare
Devils own is $360 +
160 (failsafe) +
80 (gauge) +
25 ( level sensor) +
56 (boost by pass kit... since you cant kill the boost control valve with the failsafe out a constant check engine light)
=
$681

It doesnt pay to try to cheap out on an engine with a 15k replacement cost.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:17 PM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Buy 3-4 of these to have them on hand. As soon as you see air in the line, replace again....and repeat.

http://www.alcohol-injection.com/bra...valves-64.html

The hfs1 system is $675. This is the system thats would me "most comparable to the Devils own.

To compare
Devils own is $360 +
160 (failsafe) +
80 (gauge) +
25 ( level sensor) +
56 (boost by pass kit... since you cant kill the boost control valve with the failsafe out a constant check engine light)
=
$681

You look like you may have thought this though once or twice. Any New Year Specials this year, Tony?

Old 12-14-2009, 02:24 PM
TURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Tony@epl

Mcslam!

Old 12-15-2009, 08:52 AM
DevilsOwn is on a distinguished road
Lots of misleading info on here. Wish i could get into it but since i am not a sponsor i can't.
Anyone interested in Devilsown questions please contact Speedware motorsports. They are a sponsor on here and can ahead more light on info.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by DevilsOwn
Lots of misleading info on here. Wish i could get into it but since i am not a sponsor i can't.
Anyone interested in Devilsown questions please contact Speedware motorsports. They are a sponsor on here and can ahead more light on info.

Oh snap...Whats up Chance?

Old 12-15-2009, 02:50 PM
DevilsOwn is on a distinguished road
Oh snap...Whats up Chance?
I am doing very well been been enjoying the winter and the slow season so i can play with my personal projects. My tbss should be having a photoshoot soon for a magzine. spread. Which excites me because its far better than the 1 picture wonder i had in gm high tech. So what have you been up to?

Old 12-15-2009, 03:07 PM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Wish i could get into it but since i am not a sponsor i can't.
Do they really stop you from discussing a product, if it is being besmirched? I'd think clarifying mistruths would be OK, as long as you weren't simply marketing a product. I could be completely wrong, so don't get banned on my account.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:08 PM
I am doing very well been been enjoying the winter and the slow season so i can play with my personal projects. My tbss should be having a photoshoot soon for a magzine. spread. Which excites me because its far better than the 1 picture wonder i had in gm high tech. So what have you been up to?
Thats awesome same thing "slower" season working on are projects here at the shop, trying to move up from our s4 to a 996TT

Old 12-15-2009, 04:18 PM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
I am with EPL here, you get what you pay for. We have been installing these things for years also, including audi S4 and Lotus Esprit T & TT. We only ever installed Aquamist. the Designer is readily accessible for custom tuning of his controllers and is always open to ideas. You cannot buy that kind of service from any provider of such products. Plus all the components in an Aquamist are top notch.

In fact I am doing my first Porsche TT right now. This kit fits the bill (HFS-6)

Paste this into your browser to see where we are so far.

impconcepts.com/porscheturbowaterinstallation.htm

They (EPL AKA Aquamist) will be bringing out a more cost effective unit next year to address the lower price point but honestly, I would still go with the progressive units that are available today.

Last edited by ShokWaveRider; 12-15-2009 at 04:25 PM.