996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car dies when comming to a stop in neutral

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Janker is just really niceJanker is just really niceJanker is just really niceJanker is just really nice
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
Janker,

Thank you very much for the info! I will try this and hopefully it works like it did for
you. I'm glad your issue is gone. Maybe it is a simple fix like this. Did you find yourself
pressing on the brakes in order to make it stall ? I can't recall if i press on them or not.
Hi,

Yes - when approaching a junction and dipping the clutch it died - but only when I pressed the brake, very odd and almost illogical... If you dipped the clutch and coasted it continued to run.

Like I said, it may not be your problem but it's worth chucking in the mix for $7.

HTH

Jim

Old 12-28-2009, 05:44 PM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
Mine was having a similar issue awhile back. Wouldn't stall all the time, but enough times to make it annoying. Would only happen when coasting to a stop. Funny thing...I changed my air filter and the problem has disappeared Apparently, the previous owner neglected to ever change it--it was so caked with dirt and leaves and everything else, I think the poor car was starving for air

Old 12-28-2009, 07:40 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
lwf.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:54 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Janker
Hi,

Yes - when approaching a junction and dipping the clutch it died - but only when I pressed the brake, very odd and almost illogical... If you dipped the clutch and coasted it continued to run.

Like I said, it may not be your problem but it's worth chucking in the mix for $7.

HTH

Jim

Jim,

Thank you for the help! I think this is the issue. It stalled on my 3 times today as i was pressing the brake and clutching in ! I will buy the part asap, but i'm almost sure this is it! Any idea where it goes and how to install it ? TIA!

Old 12-30-2009, 01:57 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by g8rdmd
Mine was having a similar issue awhile back. Wouldn't stall all the time, but enough times to make it annoying. Would only happen when coasting to a stop. Funny thing...I changed my air filter and the problem has disappeared Apparently, the previous owner neglected to ever change it--it was so caked with dirt and leaves and everything else, I think the poor car was starving for air
Thanks g8 for the tip! I checked air filter and its clean. It was changed about 2k miles ago.

Originally Posted by oak
lwf.

Oak, it use to happen prior to my lwfw once in a blue moon. So i doubt this is it. Thank though!

Old 12-30-2009, 02:52 AM
Janker is just really niceJanker is just really niceJanker is just really niceJanker is just really nice
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
Jim,

Thank you for the help! I think this is the issue. It stalled on my 3 times today as i was pressing the brake and clutching in ! I will buy the part asap, but i'm almost sure this is it! Any idea where it goes and how to install it ? TIA!
Sounds like progress! Does it stall if press the clutch and not the brake pedal I.e coast for a bit? If it doesn't it looks you've found the problem.

I think the part went near the brake pedal (indie fitted it for me)

keep us posted!

Jim

Old 01-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Any update on this?

Old 01-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Janker,

I got the part in yesterday. I will install it later this week as i'm out of town and will report back to you. My tech thinks this probably wont work, and he already pencilled me in to get it fixed. LOL we will see !

Old 01-19-2010, 11:06 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Subscribed. I've been chasing a related issue that is intermittent. I hope that this is it!

Old 01-20-2010, 12:49 AM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
-Get scanner or Dura. Check for Long term fuel trim at idle. If you have leak, its value should be off.

-at idle: repeat for sometime to see if idle go down much.
1. turn AC on/off
2. Headlight on. Play with brake, clucth and turn steering wheel.

-See if it happens on certain day like rain, hot in traffic.

-I'm not sure if there is idle control solinoid valve. If there is one, try to get it clean.

Last edited by aroonkl; 01-20-2010 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Janker and everyone else. I changed the switch and it still stalls .....

Aroon, i'll try that in a bit, i have a durametric.

I have atrack day next week, so it will be going to the shop after...

Old 01-23-2010, 03:52 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Bummer man... I am chasing something too and my car has been down for a week now... fuel pump did not solve my sputtering/dying issue... wasnt MAF either... we are doing a pressure test of the sytem tmrw with an air compressor I borrowed.... then maybe check cats to see if they are clogged.... sometimes it really sucks chasing down these gremlins.

good luck with yours.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:02 AM
Devin1205 is on a distinguished road
thats a odd problem to have and would be very annoying after driving like that for awhile. I had a simular problem with my m3 but it was the tuning like someone else said, but glad you got it fixed!

Old 02-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Guys,

I bought an extra brake pedal switch by mistake. IF any of you guys want to give it a shot to see if can fixed your issue, I'll sell it for $15 shipped. PM me.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:00 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
i think that the flywheel has a sensor ,of some sort see if thats bad, markski had a simialar problem .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car dies when comming to a stop in neutral