996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Slr Mclaren

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 09:22 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Benjamin Choi
ben,lj is spot on with his comments. No modded Turbo will ever touch the CGT driving experience.

It's about the feel. The sound. The look.
Ben,

You are partially correct. I have driven the CGT. KA more than matches the "feel" and the "sound." As for the looks, I would take a CGT any day.

The sad part about this discussion is after you factor in the down time and the money, the CGT doesn't look so expensive and is definitely more street friendly. One other thing that hasn't entered the discussion..............the CGT hasn't been modified...... yet.

Last edited by cjv; 12-15-2004 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:57 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by cjv
Ben,

You are partially correct. I have driven the CGT. KA more than matches the "feel" and the "sound." As for the looks, I would take a CGT any day.

The sad part about this discuession is after you factor in the down time and the money, the CGT doesn't look so expensive and is definitely more street friendly. One other thing that hasn't entered the discuession..............the CGT hasn't been modified...... yet.
Yeah, Jesse (the shootout winner) is jonsing to TT the CGT. I just don't understand that myself. It would become very difficult to impossible to modulate throttle on apex exit without having the car going butt crazy on you. Further, if memory serves, the shootout winner had a horrid 1/4 mile time due to the inability to put the power down. "Any" add'l power on the CGT would cause similar to worse results in that respect. But, I don't doubt somebody will do it!

Old 12-15-2004, 10:56 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
tt-ing a cgt would be very sad indeed. Ferry would be rolling in his grave!!! I just can't see the point of ruining the exacting throttle response and free revving nature of that car when it's turbo charged. Save the aftermarket turbo charging for vipers...

Last edited by cjv; 12-15-2004 at 09:24 PM.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:03 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by james
The problem with the supercars is that to get the BEST performance, the huge price increase for a slender gain on the numbers gets nullified when in one or two years, the lower versions near the very same performance.

what's even worse is super cars from 10 years ago are as quick as ones of today

Old 12-15-2004, 11:32 AM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
I think to resolve this debate, we should give an indepedent third party, who has never driven either cars, both a turbo and a CGT. Say, someone who drives an Audi, or something along those lines .

That person can then say which car they consider to be the true supercar...

Sounds like a plan to me!

Old 12-15-2004, 12:28 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
I drive a honda, who could be less bias then me!!!

Old 12-15-2004, 09:24 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by rockitman
tt-ing a cgt would be very sad indeed. Ferry would be rolling in his grave!!! I just can't see the point of ruining the exacting throttle response and free revving nature of that car when it's turbo charged. Save the aftermarket turbo charging for vipers...
Well Rocket, I can guarantee you Ferry will be rolling by the end of this year.

Old 12-15-2004, 11:37 PM
TT993 is on a distinguished road
Keep it stock, looks great the way it is.