996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dropping my car off at TPC Racing next week..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
Wouldn't be too hard to slap a set on and make a few pulls...you know..for the benefit of the community.
I think they might have that data already. Casey?

Old 02-23-2010, 07:52 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I think they might have that data already. Casey?
Scott you said you have 719 hp now, which is alot IMO! At that high of a hp do you think it will be a challenge to pick up much hp with just IC's? I know TPC does a before and after dyno so you will definately know. Scott what mods does your car have now to get to the 719 hp.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jamie furman
Scott you said you have 719 hp now, which is alot IMO! At that high of a hp do you think it will be a challenge to pick up much hp with just IC's?
Jamie,

719 was made at 1.5 BAR on race fuel (104 octane). My primary reason for the IC swap is to pick up more power on 93 octane. Since I can't run very much boost on 93, I need to optimize flow the best I can.

I don't actually know how much power it'll make on 93 now (never dyno'd it with that fuel), but whatever is...I want to increase it. Other than the occasional track day, I want to run 93 or 100 octane from the pump only.

I think the only weak point in my setup is the ICs...so I'm hoping we see a measurable increase with the swap.

The good thing is that whatever increase we see at low boost levels, should translate at higher boost levels as well.

I know TPC does a before and after dyno so you will definately know. Scott what mods does your car have now to get to the 719 hp.
Yep, we'll do before and after for sure.

Current power setup is hybrid TO4B turbos, Protomotive intake, Proto headers, 60lb injectors, piggy-back fuel pump, welded together stock ICS, and Switzer exhaust.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:12 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
We have the same turbos but I went with 4.5 inch IC on my setup. I'm eager to see how much power you pick up.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:25 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Jamie,

719 was made at 1.5 BAR on race fuel (104 octane). My primary reason for the IC swap is to pick up more power on 93 octane. Since I can't run very much boost on 93, I need to optimize flow the best I can.

I don't actually know how much power it'll make on 93 now (never dyno'd it with that fuel), but whatever is...I want to increase it. Other than the occasional track day, I want to run 93 or 100 octane from the pump only.

I think the only weak point in my setup is the ICs...so I'm hoping we see a measurable increase with the swap.

The good thing is that whatever increase we see at low boost levels, should translate at higher boost levels as well.

Yep, we'll do before and after for sure.

Current power setup is hybrid TO4B turbos, Protomotive intake, Proto headers, 60lb injectors, piggy-back fuel pump, welded together stock ICS, and Switzer exhaust.
Well I am pysched for you and I hope you see good gains! I will probably see your car there as Mike and Todd are doing a little more tuning on my GT2 and then I am going to drop off my TT for some Road Racing suspension.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:36 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Looking forward to the results Scott.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Nice! We should be able to see before and after bigger IC and also after re tune.

Subscribed.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
That car is tuned really well... one way to really check is to pressure test at the turbos before they dyno... make sure the car is sound.... do the baseline then repeat with the new ICs...
just a thought,
good luck
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-23-2010, 11:47 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Right now, the only thing I really don't like about my setup is my inter-coolers. They're simply two pairs of stock GT2 ICs welded together.
Scott, how do you classify these dual pair GT2 ICs that you have now? Would you say they are similar/equivalent to 3.5 inchers? 4 inchers?

Old 02-24-2010, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
That car is tuned really well... one way to really check is to pressure test at the turbos before they dyno... make sure the car is sound.... do the baseline then repeat with the new ICs...
just a thought,
good luck
mark
The car has been pressure tested 5 or 6 times recently. I'm a pressure testing fanatic

Old 02-24-2010, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by flash68
Scott, how do you classify these dual pair GT2 ICs that you have now? Would you say they are similar/equivalent to 3.5 inchers? 4 inchers?
I don't know that they can be directly compared, but they flow extremely well and give great throttle response, but the cooling ability overall is not as good as the new ICs that are coming out.

They are huge though. Here's a pic (by the way, those nasty air filters that you see have been replaced

Attached Images  
Old 02-24-2010, 09:19 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Scott, are you coming to TX2K10?
Peter

Old 02-24-2010, 09:24 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
We have done a few back to backs and but it really varies depending on the level of modifications a car has. We have a german 997 gt2 client that just installed a set on his(stock other than exhaust) car and it made ~30-40 mid range hp until the stock computer pulled it back in the top range. We will do full before and after dynos including video of all runs. Going to be an interesting project for sure.

We are very proud of our new proprietary cores. We have an article coming out in excellence in the next month or 2 regarding our 775Blitzkrieg car which features these intercoolers.

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamie furman
Well I am pysched for you and I hope you see good gains! I will probably see your car there as Mike and Todd are doing a little more tuning on my GT2 and then I am going to drop off my TT for some Road Racing suspension.
Jamie, you going with JRZ's? or our modded bilsteins?

Old 02-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by houstonT
Scott, are you coming to TX2K10?
Peter
Peter,

No, I won't be attending. Taking the wife to Cancun instead.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dropping my car off at TPC Racing next week..