996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Valentine 1 - LED TAIL LIGHT/Marker Light issue - any remedy in near future?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 11:50 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Valentine 1 - LED TAIL LIGHT/Marker Light issue - any remedy in near future?

Ideally directed this question for Mike Valentine:

When I tail Lou's Z8, and when his tail light / brake lights go on, My Laser signal goes off on the V1. This is the same for when FX45's are around and some other newer cars/suv's. Will there be some resolve to this anytime soon? More and more cars will be coming out with the LED tail lights/front marker lights.

-Shank

Old 12-28-2004, 09:48 AM
I soon will be a supporting member
dbelleperc is on a distinguished road
Ryan, I doubt it. IIRC doesn't the Z8 have neon tail lights, but it does have the L.E.D. Center high mounted stop lights.

But to answer your question. The ultraviolet light that comes off of the L.E.D.'s are almost the same as the U.V. light freq. that is used for the class one lasers that the police use in their lidar guns.

Old 12-28-2004, 09:53 AM
MCJ
MCJ will become famous soon enoughMCJ will become famous soon enough
LED tailights and "smart" cruise control(laser which consistently measures the distance from you to the next car) will set off radar's. This will become a bigger issues as more manufacturer's adopt this newer technology.