996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

High Performance Spark Plugs...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 10:16 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
High Performance Spark Plugs...

Car's got about 23k miles on it but is obviously modded etc... so I was thinking of getting some better performing spark plugs and also doing the change myself. I've checked/read some stuff up on it and it doesn't look "too" bad <cough>. Anyone got any suggestions and who's already done it?

TIA.

PS 5 bux says Stephen "The Sherminator" Kaspar answers this before anyone else.... And another fiver says David (VA) does too if he sees it in time

Last edited by sharkster; 09-29-2003 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:08 AM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Are you thinking something like Iridium plugs?

Old 09-29-2003, 11:50 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Yeah perhaps.... Something like that. I figure I'm getting close to needing them changed anyways. Plus it doesn't seem to bad in terms of a DIY.

Old 09-29-2003, 05:34 PM
ebaker is on a distinguished road
The OEM pugs have a 5mm projected nose, copper core (non platinum). I wonder if anything similar is available in Iridium or platinum? My wife's 93 Maxima came from the factory with Iridium plugs and they seemed superior, much less likely to foul than Bosch platinum plugs. However it may be more important to use a plug with the 5mm nose projection. The newer surface gap or side gap plugs may work with shorter noses since the spark is more exposed.

Old 09-29-2003, 09:00 PM
Hi Ebaker,

Thanks for that info..Seems like there's a bit of searching to do yet if I'm to find what we need.

PS Sunbeam Tiger's are wonderful.

Old 09-29-2003, 09:28 PM
ebaker is on a distinguished road
Image attached

Attached Images