996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Success! (DIY Black Exhaust Tip Mod w/Pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 08:40 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
gee my wife had a can of hi temp flat blk paint out the other day, i looked at and had the same idea, but a sunnny day and a golf course pulled me away..
am running a blk and white skeem...

Old 08-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Racin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant future
I just had my tips blasted and powder coated semi gloss black.

They look great and are super durable.

Cost was $80 for the pair.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:35 PM
mtesh73 is infamous around these parts
nice job>>>>

i think i may give it a shot. will probably compliment my black wheels.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:51 PM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Scottslaw
Thanks guys. No need to feel like a tool...I fully expected to have to send them in after experimenting, but so far this solution has held up fantastic. I absolutely love the look...now if I can just figure out a way to get rid of my chrome lips without breaking the bank!
If there 3 peice just order new outer lips in bare aluminum, go get them powdercoated, painted etc. Cut the silicone, remove the bolts replace new lips, resilicone and your done. I bought a used set and did satin black inner barrels, gloss black outer barrels, and gun metal(but darker than you would think)face. Looks awesome on my black tt and only cost $300 and a year later still looks perfect.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
Hey guys...just an update, as I have another 1,000 miles on these tips and still no signs of wear, chipping, fading, etc.... People ask where I got them done all the time! Go for it.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:08 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
You did a perfect job Scott,good for you.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:08 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
looks awesome but something about baking paint in the oven of your own kitchen keeps me away

Old 06-30-2011, 12:44 AM
kwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud of
Scottslaw, thanks for the writeup, I'm trying this tomorrow. I also purchased the high temp primer. Has anyone else that has used this method also used the primer? How are they holding up? Thanks.

Justin

Old 06-30-2011, 01:11 AM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going to try this on my 993.

Jim

Old 06-30-2011, 01:33 AM
DrivItLkUStolIt is infamous around these parts
I did it for right angle tips I use at Laguna Seca to meet the 92 db limit. They still look like the first time I put the on the car evdn after three track days. Even one in the rain

Old 06-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
That is one seriously cool DIY mod, and one that I'd like to do myself. Thank you very much for sharing your information and updates!

Old 10-02-2011, 10:37 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I take it that you can skip step 2 and 3. Go directly to the 2000 degree paint?

Old 10-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
I take it that you can skip step 2 and 3. Go directly to the 2000 degree paint?
Yup. Skip those steps unless you want to make
Sure I was telling the truth!

Old 04-10-2012, 10:20 PM
frontside720 is infamous around these partsfrontside720 is infamous around these parts
This may be a little silly of a question but can the tips be "baked" in a bbq? I would like to do this but with 2 toddlers and a baby in the house there's no way I'm using the oven.

If I could, should I put them right on the grille or in a pan? haha

Old 04-10-2012, 10:36 PM
jayzbird is a splendid one to beholdjayzbird is a splendid one to beholdjayzbird is a splendid one to beholdjayzbird is a splendid one to beholdjayzbird is a splendid one to beholdjayzbird is a splendid one to beholdjayzbird is a splendid one to beholdjayzbird is a splendid one to behold
My car had these for several k miles and looked great. 1 track day and it burned off. Had them ceramic coated. Same look but hopefully more durable

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Success! (DIY Black Exhaust Tip Mod w/Pics)