996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996tt what type of adjustable suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 04:37 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up 996tt what type of adjustable suspension

Hi all,
Due to my further corrosion problems I am going to have to change my shocks, so I thought maybe its time for some adjustable coil overs.
Open to all.......

Any Ideas.

Usage for road or for the sea ( that's a joke ok ) and occasionally a track day. I could do with stiffer springs so I dont bottom out and I don't , rpt don't want to lower the car. Its hard riding over the waves, I mean the pot holes and speed bumps in our area.

Any ideas please.
Thanks
Frank.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:43 AM
Neil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud of
Frank no offence to the guys on this site but it may be better to ask this over on pistonheads , as our road conditions are totaly different to America so spring rates and set up choice will be different.
Im running JIC Cross coilovers ive changed to a lighter spring than what alot of the guys run as it was way too harsh for our roads and to be honest its still a bit too harsh.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:48 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Hi Neil,

Are you also in the uk as well. I think thats what you mean??
I didnt know this forum was mainly the USA.
Still its great fun being on it. But I have posted on Pistonheads as well.
Frank

Old 05-28-2010, 05:10 AM
Neil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud of
Hi Frank yip im in Scotland aswell over in Fife.
I agree with you this is the porsche form i spend the most time on , bacause of all the crazy projects and knowledge on it.
From what i have been told KW V3 is a good choice for harsher roads, but for cross country speed revalved standard stuff is hard to beat. I actualy have a low miles set of standard stuff lying i was tempted to fit .

Last edited by Neil A; 05-28-2010 at 05:13 AM.