996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Question about the Hydra standalone EMS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Question about the Hydra standalone EMS

I am asking here because no one frequents the tuning/mod sub forum.

Is the Hydra any good? It is being used on a 640 whp Subaru I am looking at.

I am familiar w/ the HKS F Con V Pro. Is the Hydra on the same level?

Thanks.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:36 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
not much response there jiz.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:49 PM
chuckrim has a spectacular aura aboutchuckrim has a spectacular aura aboutchuckrim has a spectacular aura about
I'm not familiar with the HKS, but the Hydra is top notch. AEM used to be no. 1 in the Subi world, but in recent years Hydra has been the leader IMO. I hear very few complaints.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Thanks AMG.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:37 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Folks don't you see this is nothing more than the "car of the week"
in Jiz's wishful thinking.First Mustang then GTR now Subaru. Whats next on fantasy island? da plane, da plane.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:43 PM
AMG: I found this over on the NASIOC forums:http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1538947

One opinion, but is suggests the Hydra is as good as the V Pro.

Walnut, I have offered my CTT and 15K for the car which will probably not fly but I am serious about this car.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
AMG: I found this over on the NASIOC forums:http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1538947

One opinion, but is suggests the Hydra is as good as the V Pro.

Walnut, I have offered my CTT and 15K for the car which will probably not fly but I am serious about this car.

I thought the CTT is your wifes vehicle? What will Christine & Mathew have to drive?

Old 07-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Do not buy a damn WRX for drag racing... Buy an EVO if you want something Japanese and AWD. Though I'm telling you if you want fun for drag racing go with something RWD and a known platform to haul ***!!!!

Old 07-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Gonna use it as a semi daily and road course car.

When I gave the CTT to Christine the deal was she was supposed to pay for maintenance. I paid 4K worth this year, she did not pay a penny. She did give her dad 10K for baby sitting our son

Nonetheless I will probably break down and give Christine the E350.

Or I might get her another Altima.

In any event, the offer I made has only about a 25% chance of being accepted.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:07 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Gonna use it as a semi daily and road course car.

When I gave the CTT to Christine the deal was she was supposed to pay for maintenance. I paid 4K worth this year, she did not pay a penny. She did give her dad 10K for baby sitting our son

Nonetheless I will probably break down and give Christine the E350.

Or I might get her another Altima.

In any event, the offer I made has only about a 25% chance of being accepted.

Why not just put axles, a Tilton and a LSD in your GT2 and have a jack of all trades?

Old 07-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by ttboost
Why not just put axles, a Tilton and a LSD in your GT2 and have a jack of all trades?
I discussed this w/ my mechanic....axles would still leave me w/ a weak transmission that would need an 8K upgrade.

My clutch is fine (Carbonetics triple carbon) and my LSD is holding fine

This car I am looking at has 1K rated axles.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:14 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I discussed this w/ my mechanic....axles would still leave me w/ a weak transmission that would need an 8K upgrade.

My clutch is fine (Carbonetics triple carbon) and my LSD is holding fine

This car I am looking at has 1K rated axles.
Seems to me even with that extra $8k, you are STILL ahead of the game $$$-wise and will have more room in your garage.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:12 PM
WhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to behold
I have tuned them both, fcon is working more smoothly compared to hydra.

I prefer V-Pro on most builds here, however Hydra is not a bad choice.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:00 PM
White Knight,

Can I get your opinion of the car?

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1999551

Old 07-04-2010, 07:08 PM
White Knight,

Can I get your opinion of the car?

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1999551

I'll go ahead and speak for White Knight: $45k could make your GT2 the fastest car in Houston... A Subaru? Did you lose a bet?

If you want a drag car, start with something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Musta...item35aa98aff1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question about the Hydra standalone EMS