996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The Porsche 911 is not the best car in the world

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 10:05 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by MARKSKI
funny how Audi along with Bmw depreciate like crazy(in the US). If the pole was taken in the US- with only imports(German)... the first two choices would not even be on the list.Thats like taking a poll of Japanese cars in europe versus a poll of japanese cars in the US. The poll would be totally different.
Just my thoughts.
Audi, yes is the fatest depreciating car ever, at least in the US. But, BMW was rated as having the highest resale value of all premium marques for the last 2 years in a row.

Lou

Old 02-18-2005, 10:27 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty stupid poll concept in the first place. "Best Car in the World" pluueeeezzz

Old 02-18-2005, 10:48 AM
MKW
MKW is infamous around these parts
Audi 's new ( yet again ) US head with his strategy ( yet again ) to build the unprofitable ( to dealers ) brand . They've been trying and trying since the 60 Minutes butchering job in 1986.

Autweek interview with new Audi US head

Old 02-19-2005, 03:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally posted by LSM
Audi, yes is the fatest depreciating car ever, at least in the US. But, BMW was rated as having the highest resale value of all premium marques for the last 2 years in a row.

Lou
Yes i agree about the BMW- but only the 3 series... cause the high end 7 series always seem to get a big hit, unlike the Benz. I actually wonder why a s500 will resell higher compared too a 7 series BMW.?
What I mean- if u trade in a 1 year old 7 series vs. a 1 year old S500- u will loose less on the S500.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-19-2005, 06:34 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Yes i agree about the BMW- but only the 3 series... cause the high end 7 series always seem to get a big hit, unlike the Benz. I actually wonder why a s500 will resell higher compared too a 7 series BMW.?
What I mean- if u trade in a 1 year old 7 series vs. a 1 year old S500- u will loose less on the S500.
Well, not really, the benz is worth slightly more, but that is becuase it started at a higher price and actually lost a larger % than the BMW.

Lou

Old 02-19-2005, 07:18 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by 1999Porsche911
My Porsche IS the best car in the world for me, and ME is all that counts. Why would anyone live by what someone else says anyway?

best reply all year Well said

Old 02-19-2005, 09:19 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Im just speaking from my own experience, along with dealers I talked to over the years(my friends)... and they always said that Audio gets a big hit out the door, then the high end BMW's.
My friends who buy these cars on auctions even say that a Benz holds more value...
to each his own.. if one likes his car- that all that matters.
I love your car with the new rims LOU.

click to view

Old 02-19-2005, 09:34 AM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
Im just speaking from my own experience, along with dealers I talked to over the years(my friends)... and they always said that Audio gets a big hit out the door, then the high end BMW's.
My friends who buy these cars on auctions even say that a Benz holds more value...
to each his own.. if one likes his car- that all that matters.
I love your car with the new rims LOU.

I have never bought a car giving any thought to how much it will worth later down the road. That's what you do with your investments and a car is not an investment,...It is either a toy or a neccesity. I assume that the car is worth nothing the day I drive it off the lot. I am not going to drive a car that is not my first choice simply becasue the depreciation is less than the car I really want.

Old 02-19-2005, 09:47 AM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future

Your friend must be smokin crack. Mercedes values SUCK. My mom's S600 has dropped 63% in 4 years.

Old 02-19-2005, 09:47 AM
Basic Sponsor
Im only mentioning that because the post started stating that AUDI is the #number one car in the world(accoring to some poll in europe).... my thoughts were: why arent there more Audis on the streets in the US. It seems like everyone is driving some sort of Benz... I never so so many Benz and Porsche in my life until I went to L.A.. Not many AUDI- unless ur talking about 1.8t A4.

click to view

Old 02-19-2005, 09:58 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally posted by trojanman
Your friend must be smokin crack. Mercedes values SUCK. My mom's S600 has dropped 63% in 4 years.
I never said anything about S600. I agree they depreciate hard.
I was compaing a 7 series to a S500. Better yet... go and buy a A8 or an S8 for that matter- and see how fast you will loose ur money.
No my friends dont smoke crack.... I see the prices they buy these cars all the time... I even use their account to check the dealer auctions... So Im kinda aware of "whats up" in the market.
Another great examople is a range rover- $85k brand new(about). one year later ur lucky on a trade to get $60K.

click to view