996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

One Horrible looking color combo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 09:23 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
What a tasteless POS.

Old 03-17-2005, 09:43 PM
Banned
Ferrarislave is infamous around these parts
The car is missing the rear diffuser. Where are those pictures from I seen REZA from teckademics post them aswell. I kind of like the color combo. But I would rather see it in Pozzi Blue with Creme Interior or Nero Daytona with Natrual leather.

Old 03-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
What the hell do you expect from a Ferrari owner? This was bound to happen. Ugly color for ugly car, it matches pretty well.

However, many lambo owners out there have this color combo beat, hands down.

Old 03-17-2005, 11:06 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
I think we've seen worse with a porsche owner. I remember one car looking like it came as a toy in a happy meal not too long ago.

Old 03-17-2005, 11:31 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
I personally have not witnessed many Porsches that are that ugly. Though some of the bling bling cars around this community are pretty damn close, even though I will not single any car out.

But the group that takes the cake in worst taste is teenage and early 20's BMW owners with those rice wings, neon lights, and fiberglass wannabe CSL widebody kits shod with 20" HRE rims. No wonder why my sister refused to buy an M3.

I remember back in the day, when the M3 was a hardcore sports car like the GT3 (though much more downmarket but still pure). The E36 M3 lightweight was the last iteration of such a car. CSL is ok, but it's not available here. E30 M3 was such a pure sports car, unlike what it has become today.

Last edited by Hamann7; 03-17-2005 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:31 AM
Moogle is infamous around these parts
Re: One Horrible looking color combo

Originally posted by Darren
Ok - my last ferrari 430 post in the porsche section but guys you gotta see this ordering castastrophy. I'll bet the owner will be wearing an oversize versacci silk horrible print shirt with tacky jewlely to match LOL
eerrr thats Versace

reminds me of that Kanye West song...

Old 03-18-2005, 02:27 AM
adiaz is infamous around these parts
It would actually not look that bad if he just switched the top to black, maybe he didnt order it like that it came in that color combo, no one wants it and he will be able to just get it now and jump the list. If I had the money for sticker price for the 430 and they offered it to me right now i would just change the top to black and take it. The biggest problem is if you get that car you would have to keep it in that horrible color combo cause ferrari doesnt let you flip it, well they cant stop you but they wont sell you another new one and you will be black listed. Maybe he can even find anothjer person with a 430 that wants red seats and swap. I think that interior with a white exterior would look stunning

Old 03-18-2005, 02:56 AM
alamein is infamous around these parts
puke ... i'd laugh my *** off if i saw that anywhere.

Old 03-18-2005, 03:00 AM
Quote:"What the hell do you expect from a Ferrari owner? This was bound to happen. Ugly color for ugly car, it matches pretty well." by Hamman7
Hamman 7, I would disagree. If it was ordered and it was a ferrari owner he must have had a series of other ferraries before to be able to get that car, which would most likely not make him an amateur. The 430 really is what the 360 should have been in the first place, both cars do amazing in the wind tunnel and have near perfect balance and aerodynamics. i love the flat-six, how it sounds, hogh it revs so high, how porsche can make a rear engine car be so balanced, and the torque you can feel getting out of curve. But the 430 represents a car that can perform how it looks and not get smoked by the equally priced gallardo or the significally less expensive 996 turbo, like the 360. While the 360 looks beautiful and handles amazing, lets face it could handle a little more power so it can compete with its rivals. Take it a v12 ferrari like 575M and you'll see its music to your ears. Im just sharing my opinion about ferrari owners that I have met, and I just thinking making that generalization because there is one that managed to **** up a beatiful car a bit with the color combo seems absurd. Just my opinion even though I dont know why I am defending ferrari owners when I am a porsche enthusiast,because I think they are a drivers car in the sense that you can buy them and actually drive them everyday and not worry about reliability issues and 7,000 dollar services every 15K miles like on ferraris, I just like the philosophy of Ferrari limiting there production and protecting its customers because id be pissed if I bought a turbo and had to trade it in as their value has plunged. Even though I think the turbos are worth every cent new. Hamman you drive a GT2 I dont doubt you are an experienced driver and probably more familiar with this subject, as I don't have the experience to drive such a powerful RWD 911 and probably could not handle the drift on it and go into a telephone post, maybe can just elaborate on why you would expect this from Ferrari owners

Quote: " remember back in the day, when the M3 was a hardcore sports car like the GT3 (though much more downmarket but still pure). The E36 M3 lightweight was the last iteration of such a car."-Hamman 7
I just moved to the US four years ago and when I lived in latin America there were two E36 M3's brought to the country, US models with 240 horses and german models with I believe 315 ponies. Have you seen the Top Gear on the M3 csl where he first starts by summarizing all the previous M3 models, the CSL seemed pretty pure, sure many kids drive them who dont know how to handle that power here in the US but it shouldn't take away from that car, but was the m3 lightweight offered in the US? and did it come to the US with the german engine or the 240 3.2L US version? I did not live in the US at this time and was just wondering.

Last edited by adiaz; 03-18-2005 at 04:01 AM.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:17 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !

Craig

Old 03-18-2005, 05:38 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
for a little balance...Nice!!!!

Old 03-18-2005, 05:49 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
I just got sick and vomitted...

Old 03-18-2005, 06:01 AM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by adiaz
But the 430 represents a car that can perform how it looks and not get smoked by the equally priced gallardo or the significally less expensive 996 turbo, like the 360. While the 360 looks beautiful and handles amazing, lets face it could handle a little more power so it can compete with its rivals.
Don't Gallardos run 160-170s? The F430 is going to be about 190+. Also it's a brand new car, it should murder the Turbo, GT2, GT3 is should own all of them but sadly it doesn't. I like the F430 but it's not all that amazing when you really think about it. Gallardo which has been out for about a year now has more Hp and costs less. GT2 been out for a long time, but will take a F430 and they cost the same. New 997 Turbo will probaly kill just like the 996 killed the modena.

Old 03-18-2005, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by ttgangsta
Don't Gallardos run 160-170s? The F430 is going to be about 190+. Also it's a brand new car, it should murder the Turbo, GT2, GT3 is should own all of them but sadly it doesn't. I like the F430 but it's not all that amazing when you really think about it. Gallardo which has been out for about a year now has more Hp and costs less. GT2 been out for a long time, but will take a F430 and they cost the same. New 997 Turbo will probaly kill just like the 996 killed the modena.
I completely agree, and I hope the 997 Turbo kills the F430 just like it happened 996turbo vs. 360, Gallarado kills the 360 and they are pretty much their direct competitor, thats why I dont think it made sense that the 360 spent so much time at the wind tunnel to prefect its aerodynamics, then it came with such a weak powerplant. But for some reason Lambos are not moving out of the dealers like 360's were, and you can pick up a new gallardo at sticker any day of the week and you cant touch a new 360 unless you have been waiting for a while on the list. So the way i see it is if I would want to buy a 430 I would get in the list and hope to get the year it gets discountinued like in five years if ever.
Then after leaving the deposit at the collection and getting on the list I would probably see five parked outside Nobu/Sky bar
"Which tells me only one thing: THERES TOO MANY SELF INDULGENT WEINERS IN THIS TOWN WITH TOO MUCH BLOODY MONEY. Now if I was driving a 1967 GTB 4cam Shelby GT 500? You wouldn't be a self indulgent weiner sir, youd be a connoiseur. Precisely, champagne would fall from the heavens, doors would open, velvet ropes would part"-Gone in 60 seconds

Last edited by adiaz; 03-18-2005 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:03 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by adiaz
But for some reason Lambos are not moving out of the dealers like 360's were, and you can pick up a new gallardo at sticker any day of the week
You can get Gallardo's way under sticker... Some on this board have seen them 20-30K under...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: One Horrible looking color combo