996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kinesis F110 wheels cracked! A must see!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 10:26 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
The amount of business they could of gotten out of this by at-least offering credit towards some new wheels.

I own my business and sometimes you do whats right and lose some money,
those people are happy and they refer others..

Old 03-25-2011, 10:36 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Mrdeezy would have been wise to simply come with the cash and refund Don from the get go. Probably would have been cheaper than the way this is likely to end. WD has been extremely shady in all of this, but how do you knowingly sell half=assed repaired rims without divulging the info?

Old 03-26-2011, 05:04 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RiA
Thanks Scott!

I too think the Mods and IB did a great job keeping this thread open and handled appropriately. I have to add that the members also maintained their composure and showed their character throughout this ordeal.

I feel for Don and hope that this all turns out well for him in the end.

Lastly (but not least), I'm glad that nobody got hurt.

Rich
+1. Really shows the maturity level of this board, and I hope Don gets whatever makes this right for him. Good Luck Don.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:23 AM
Administrator
IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !
Kind of says who they really are...it could have turned around for them in a positive way.

Originally Posted by tonka858
The amount of business they could of gotten out of this by at-least offering credit towards some new wheels.

I own my business and sometimes you do whats right and lose some money,
those people are happy and they refer others..

Old 03-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
very unfortunate for them. No one wants to see small american business take a hit, but resolving this issue for a few thousand bucks wasn't worth the bad rep they got.

The big lesson here is not to buy "repaired" wheels

Old 03-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
Well done 6speed andministrative staff! The punishment fits the crime.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:08 AM
powderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to behold
Can anyone explain a banning to me. Lifetime? Couple months? How easy is it to switch your user name and be right back out there pedaling shoddy goods. I buy a lot of used goodies from this site as well as from sponsors and it would be nice to know. I commend the staff for doing the right thing. Kudos.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Bans can be short for a minor offense or permanent for something like this...having multiple user names is a permanent ban in itself. I wouldn't be honest if I didn't tell you that some crafty individuals have been able to re-register after a ban and even get to where they are selling stuff but it doesn't take long for us to find them. Be particularly careful of low post count new members that post in your classified saying they want to buy. They may be great people but no one knows them. If members report problems with sellers they are discovered quickly and dealt with. I would caution everyone, this is a great forum with terrific members but there are those that would use a situation like that to take advantage...get to know your fellow members before you buy anything from them...I have bought lots of stuff from members over the years and never had a problem because the great majority of the members here are all terrific car enthusiasts

Old 03-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
I would rather not post specifics of what transpired in the negotiations with WD regarding Don, but this particular point will likely come out at some point on some other forum or it will be brought here by a member of another forum.

Eli did in fact offer to make a full credit to Don and I'm sure that is how he will tell the story...but he had one condition that was not acceptable to us..."100% out of pocket to make this go away no problem but banning which would serve as a warnig to others who are thinking of putting anyone on blast before communicating directly first. Just as it would be unfair to put a private person on blast instead of first trying to communicate direcly".

we don't think a member should be banned for trying to get his money back on a bad deal or members should be discouraged from informing other members of bad vendor behavior...However, we would prefer these issues come to us first before they are posted on the forum.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:53 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Turbo
Well done 6speed andministrative staff! The punishment fits the crime.
Don is still on the short end of the stick, regrettably. I wish this could have resolved as well.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:40 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
.However, we would prefer these issues come to us first before they are posted on the forum.

But here is the problem with this approach: shoddy sellers keep up their sleezy practices as long as things are keep on the DL.

Had one of your 'big vendors' had this issue, they would have asked you to lock the thread immediately and they would have paid the hush money (ie "done the right thing")...then the thread would unlock and there would be kudos all around and 'mistakes happen'.

It was only WD's total internet ineptitude that allowed this to become so public.

So the lesson we take away is perhaps a mixed message....keep it private, we fix it, vendors protect their rep... go public, take your chances

I am NOT saying 6sp or IB is actively complicit in this...but that is how these polices work....

A

Old 03-26-2011, 12:44 PM
Administrator
you are consistent Ard...that is not at all how it works...this issue was brought privately and became public because of the severity...we settle many disputes that are mostly just misunderstandings with no wrong doing by either member or vendor so what is the point in them being made public..to silence skeptics like you?...send me some of that "hush money" would ya...I can use it

Old 03-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Arone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud of
After reading this entire thread I have to say I am astonished that WD, for a few $1000, let this come to this. I have small company, if a client was unhappy about a certain item I would whatever it would took to make them happy even if i felt it was unjust, in this case it most certainly is not. $2800 to lose your reputation, UNREAL!!

Old 03-26-2011, 02:27 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
you are consistent Ard...that is not at all how it works...this issue was brought privately and became public because of the severity...we settle many disputes that are mostly just misunderstandings with no wrong doing by either member or vendor so what is the point in them being made public..to silence skeptics like you?...send me some of that "hush money" would ya...I can use it
You are misreading me. This case is not IBs issue, it is not 6speeds issue. THIS ONE was handled as well as one could...

I had private communications on this as well and my opinion is that the reason it did NOT settle was the OP going public in a big way before WD could get their arms around it.

Now my 'opinion' is that the severity of the issues and WDs total lack of connection caused you guys to sit silent- and even publicly post pressure. Totally appropriate.

I AM NOT SAYING ANYONE PAID YOU GUYS OFF to do anything, nor that they do in other cases.

it is the nature of how this stuff works that a vendor with money can act quickly and decisively to keep this stuff from being so public. Indeed, this really is your stated policy- bring it to us privately, if it is resolved we keep in private. is there an 'unless it is a safety issue' caveat in that policy? My assumption is that it is a loose policy and judgment calls and circumstance drive the publicity... we'll never know. (Which is fine if you don't use 6spd as your vendor referral source.)

But I do think those black helicopters you guys fly around in are sweet.

A

Last edited by ard; 03-26-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
ARD, it was plainly obvious, that before anything went public, both Don and the previous wheel purchased had asked WD to make things right. All they got for their attempts was a 2/3 credit offer, which is totally unacceptable. I don't disagree that in other cases what you say may or may not happen, I would not know, however, in this case both parties made the attempt for WD to come clean privately. They chose not to. I also agree that WD has internet ineptitude in that they completely underestimated the power of the net in advertising. Did they not think that this would be the topic of conversation at Cars and Coffee, Irvine? Did they think that it would go away if they ignore it? yes, on both accounts and definitely wrong on both accounts. However, your point that since WD has been backed into a wall with no way out, they don't see the point in making things right now as it would not help them, is probably the way they are thinking. But they did bring this on themselves. They must also realize that they will loose any court conflict. And they will loose more money than just paying back 100% of the money and eating the wheels. instead in small claims court they will loose the amount for the wheels, court costs and likely additional punitive damages to the maximum allowed in small claims court. If I was a lawyer I would take Don's case for the punitive damages settlement and Don can take the restitution of the wheels. Not to mention the free advertising the lawyer would get on multiple car forums.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kinesis F110 wheels cracked! A must see!