996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Gallardo wholesale auction results.......free fall warning...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 10:18 PM
Banned
allanlambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Some of these arguements are truly pointless. Who cares if the Gallardo has the same switches as an Audi? It obviously doesnt bother you to share parts with a Boxster.

Early Gallardo 6 speeds were priced at 165K. 6-8 months into it, they had a 10K price increase.

Residual drop must be looked at as a percentage. If a 03 996TT is truly worth 90K today, (i think more like 85) you are looking at roughly a 10% drop yearly.

If you take a 165,000 Gallardo, -10% for 1 year, you are at 148K. Right on the money.

In reality, an 04 E-gear, with low miles will sell for about 165, 000 retail. 04 low mile 6 speeds, sell in the low to mid 150's.

Last edited by allanlambo; 03-27-2005 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:19 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by MARKSKI
take a look at the dash board of as Gellardo---- and then take a look at the dash on a $23K A4 audi...notice the same *****, radio, a/c vents.. etc.
I had a 99 vt roadster diablo... and if that car had parts from a car thats less then the tranny in my roadster... I would be pissed. Same goes here... a new gellardo, no matter how u look at it, will cost u $180K... with AUDI A4 parts.
I feel the same way about the Audi-ish dash, etc.
I had a 98 Diablo SV and it looked like nothing else!
I miss the sheer sinister looks and stance of that car

Old 03-27-2005, 10:26 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by allanlambo
Some of these arguements are truly pointless. Who cares if the Gallardo has the same switches as an Audi? It obviously doesnt bother you to share parts with a Boxster.

Early Gallardo 6 speeds were priced at 165K. 6-8 months into it, they had a 10K price increase.

Residual drop must be looked at as a percentage. If a 03 996TT is truly worth 90K today, (i think more like 85) you are looking at roughly a 10% drop yearly.

If you take a 165,000 Gallardo, -10% for 1 year, you are at 148K. Right on the money.

In reality, an 04 E-gear, with low miles will sell for about 165, 000 retail. 04 low mile 6 speeds, sell in the low to mid 150's.
That's a good point, but, speaking in wholesale terms, If I paid $112k for my turbo that is a 10% loss per year. The Gallardo which people certainly paid $175k for a 6speed, is only worth $145k wholesale, thats 20%. E Gear wholesale isn't any more than $150k, with a price tag of mid to upper $180's. Not trying to start a Mines bigger than yours war here, just passing along info I got. That seems at least on paper to be huge losses for cars they were asking over list for, and in only 1 year!! I guarantee, the 2001 Turbo didn't loss much 1 year after it was out. It is unfortunate and to be honest I couldn't believe it, that's why I posted it. I want to know what the F**k Ferrari does that their 360 holds value so well.

Lou

Old 03-27-2005, 10:38 PM
Banned
Originally posted by LSM
That's a good point, but, speaking in wholesale terms, If I paid $112k for my turbo that is a 10% loss per year. The Gallardo which people certainly paid $175k for a 6speed, is only worth $145k wholesale, thats 20%. E Gear wholesale isn't any more than $150k, with a price tag of mid to upper $180's. Not trying to start a Mines bigger than yours war here, just passing along info I got. That seems at least on paper to be huge losses for cars they were asking over list for, and in only 1 year!! I guarantee, the 2001 Turbo didn't loss much 1 year after it was out. It is unfortunate and to be honest I couldn't believe it, that's why I posted it. I want to know what the F**k Ferrari does that their 360 holds value so well.

Lou
No, i know you are not trying to start an arguement. Its all good, but i can assure you, the early 6 speeds were priced at 165K. They didnt have the options you do today to escalate the price, such as the clear rear decklid, which is like $7500.00 .

As for Ferrari, well its smart marketing, deception and inmo, stupidity on the part of their fanbase. They create a falsemarket, everyone believes in it, people get taken, but i know several people who have been offered 430's for msrp, early delivery, including Rakjoe on this board, who declined and even offered me the opportunity. He actually offered the car to others and i believe they all declined. Another perosn i know, traded a 360Cs for a used Murcielago, and ended up with 160K on trade in for the 04 360Cs with i believe 2k miles. Thats also a memeber of this board.

Old 03-27-2005, 10:57 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is on a distinguished road
There is a guy on my board who sent his Gallardo to Heffner to be twin turboed. they are looking for 700rwhp. Im looking forward to seeing how that turns out.
Yep, and Mana (aka No Mercy) will be number 2 with Heffner....

Old 03-27-2005, 11:33 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
There is a guy on my board who sent his Gallardo to Heffner to be twin turboed. they are looking for 700rwhp. Im looking forward to seeing how that turns out.
That sounds interesting... let's see what happens with that...

Old 03-28-2005, 01:18 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
As a % depreciation that is much better than the 996TTs so I dont know what you guys are talking about....

Old 03-28-2005, 06:22 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally posted by msindi
As a % depreciation that is much better than the 996TTs so I dont know what you guys are talking about....
You can't compare a model near the end of its run with one that just started. Looking at a 2001 Turbo in 2002 is comparable to looking at a 2004 Gallardo in 2005. To say a 2004 Turbo depreciated more than the Gallardo in the same year doesn't make any sense. The car was a mistake for Lamborghini (Audi).

Old 03-28-2005, 11:51 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
In the end, it does not really matter. If we were penny wise we would not own these things anyway. If you can afford it ... enjoy it!!

Let someone else wring their hands over depreciation and "drive it like you stole it".

Old 03-28-2005, 12:13 PM
Banned
Originally posted by Red Devil
You can't compare a model near the end of its run with one that just started. Looking at a 2001 Turbo in 2002 is comparable to looking at a 2004 Gallardo in 2005. To say a 2004 Turbo depreciated more than the Gallardo in the same year doesn't make any sense. The car was a mistake for Lamborghini (Audi).
The car is far from a mistake. A mistake is the Carrera Gt.

Old 03-28-2005, 01:56 PM
adiaz is on a distinguished road
The Gallardo is great and if you watch the top gear on it one of its best atributes is that its interior parts are solid, not lambo like which means you can drive it everyday and not have to worry about the interior breaking off every time you take it out. That apart you could argue that a turbo has cheaper interior parts, as they are pretty much the same as the boxster with maybe some trims painted and different seats. I admire the turbo for its supercar performance joint with every day reliability. If it was my choice I would take the A4 looking parts that wont fall apart and get the most fun of the lambo by driving it everyday

Old 03-28-2005, 02:14 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Markski

How did you like the VT Roadster and why did you get rid of it? I will own a late model Diablo some day!

Old 03-28-2005, 05:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally posted by buddyg
Markski

How did you like the VT Roadster and why did you get rid of it? I will own a late model Diablo some day!

I loved the roadster... except I'm already very known(public) radio personality here in Chicago... and it was casing too much attention... headaches... some minor problems(mechanical)... but that was not the reason why I got rid of it....
Mostly it was the attention problem... the fact that i couldnt really go out in it to work, to have fun- unless i stayed in the car the whole night. I would find leaving the night clubs having people sitting on it, taking pics, sitting in it.... girls rubbing there fake *****(fun for a while- gets boring) fast.. etc....
I was working at the club but was thinking if my car is beaing sctratched- and it was.
So I decided to grow up and back into a 996TT- and I dont regret it for a moment.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-28-2005, 05:05 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !

really- how would you feel if you bought a brand new SL65 the $200k one and noticed Mopar(chrystler) ***** on the dash....
the boxter is within the Porsche family... Audi is nothing compared to a Lambo...
just my thoughts.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 03-28-2005 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:43 PM
Banned
You are talking about quality parts in side of a car, not Mopar crap. If Audi quality was like Chrysler quality, then yes, id be pissed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gallardo wholesale auction results.......free fall warning...