996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evolution Motorsports 3.96 60-130 Record Breaking... VIDEO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Scott, so no injector capable of allowing these TTGs to run the full 1500WHP on ethanol or just no one has tried yet. What numbers are Eric, Tim and Peter putting down in the 1/4 mile or 60-130 with these builds. I could never see myself in a Lambo... GTR on the other hand
I imagine an injector is capable of it, but with such a large injector, it would have an adverse impact on idle and low boost drivability. Plus Eric's is the first UGR car to run E85. His setup seems like a great balance: almost 1300 rwhp on E85, and almost 1600 rwhp on C16...while still being able to run 93 if he needed to.

Tim, who's an excellent 1/4 miler, went 9.96 @ 160 in his car, which I believe is the fastest to date for a UGR TTG that's owned and driven by an actual customer. Only the UGR shop car, Nera, has gone faster...driven by the owner of UGR. Peter has gone 3.9 60-130 (with 2-shifts), and I think that's a solid time for these cars considering the amount of shifts required.

The strong point for the TTG's is really 100-150 or faster. They pull very hard up top...and excel as roll-on cars. This is the area we are really focusing on with my GT-R; high speeds. Since GT-Rs inherently excel at low speeds, I think I'll be able to get out on them early, but staying out in front will be the difficult part and will require more power than the current crop of big-power GT-Rs are making.

Jamie's car, well....it will be a different animal than the rest. I honestly don't see anyone touching him.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 04-16-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:34 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I imagine an injector is capable of it, but with such a large injector, it would have an adverse impact on idle and low boost drivability. Plus Eric's is the first UGR car to run E85. His setup seems like a great balance: almost 1300 rwhp on E85, and almost 1600 rwhp on C16...while still being able to run 93 if he needed to.

Tim, who's an excellent 1/4 miler, went 9.96 @ 160 in his car, which I believe is the fastest to date for a UGR TTG that's owned and driven by an actual customer. Only the UGR shop car, Nera, has gone faster...driven by the owner of UGR. Peter has gone 3.9 60-130 (with 2-shifts), and I think that's probably a very solid time for these cars considering the amount of shifts required.

The strong point for the TTG's is really 100-150 or faster. They pull very hard up top...and excel as roll-on cars. This is the area we are really focusing on with my GT-R; high speeds. Since the GT-Ra excel at low speeds, I think I'll be able to get out on them early, but staying out in front will be the difficult part and will require more power than the current crop of big-power GT-Rs are making.

Jamie's car, well....it will be a different animal than the rest. I honestly don't see anyone touching him.
Thanks Scott, I am interested in seeing how the larger injector works out on my type of build. I could have gone bigger but chose not for the reason you stated, idle and driveability. Tom, is going much bigger and will be able to produce substantially more power than I did on E85. Todd believes he can keep the low speed manners under control. I'm just glad i am done, going to sit back and enjoy it and have some fun for a change. I guess I will see you in OH in May...

Old 04-16-2011, 06:24 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Thanks Scott, I am interested in seeing how the larger injector works out on my type of build. I could have gone bigger but chose not for the reason you stated, idle and driveability. Tom, is going much bigger and will be able to produce substantially more power than I did on E85. Todd believes he can keep the low speed manners under control. I'm just glad i am done, going to sit back and enjoy it and have some fun for a change. I guess I will see you in OH in May...

LIAR!!!! We all say "I'm Done", until I hand you your Ar$......

Old 04-16-2011, 07:35 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
I will not even respond to this statement. As a frequent purveyor of wit and biting sarcasm on this forum, I am well attuned to those extremely rare moments when silence is far better than a lame response.... carry on young man...
Your silence stings far more than anything else.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:00 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Chad, I guess I believe you now since you said ethanol is much more responsive than any fuel you have tried. Now an E85 lambo...that would be a sight to behold!
Kevin,

I don't remember if you remember what I went through back in 2004 when KA pulled a 11.4 second quarter on a 105 degree day with an 10 mph headwind for Excellence. Back then it was a good time, especially under the conditions. Since then, not wanting to go through that anymore we haven't given anymore specific numbers or backup. If people want to believe us fine. If not that is fine too. Free advise is worth exactly what it costs. We have done several engine dyno tests and I knew what you were about to see. I just left it saying it was much more responsive. I'm honestly very happy, you now have it on your car and able to first hand see what it can do. Without trying to sound like a broken record, if at sometime in the future you change your ignition to a Pulsed CDI system with certain F1 coils made in Italy you will be even more surprised. What you have seen is exceptional, but there is much more to see.

My 996tt is very close to being completed and on the road. I would welcome you to fly out to California and see her for yourself once completed. In an above post you asked about bigger injectors. I know earlier you said you didn't want to get into more dollars, but you would be able to see what over 2600 cc of injectors per cylinder can do. I can tell you it idles like stock because we are using dual injectors per cylinder. One smaller for startup, idle and low duty and one larger one when called upon.

Again, congrats on a very quick build well done.

Last edited by cjv; 04-16-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:21 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
LIAR!!!! We all say "I'm Done", until I hand you your Ar$......
Keep it up and I might not hand you your car...

Old 04-16-2011, 08:46 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by cjv
Kevin,

I don't remember if you remember what I went through back in 2004 when KA pulled a 11.4 second quarter on a 105 degree day with an 10 mph headwind for Excellence. Back then it was a good time, especially under the conditions. Since then, not wanting to go through that anymore we haven't given anymore specific numbers or backup. If people want to believe us fine. If not that is fine too. Free advise is worth exactly what it costs. We have done several engine dyno tests and I knew what you were about to see. I just left it saying it was much more responsive. I'm honestly very happy, you now have it on your car and able to first hand see what it can do. Without trying to sound like a broken record, if at sometime in the future you change your ignition to a Pulsed CDI system with certain F1 coils made in Italy you will be even more surprised. What you have seen is exceptional, but there is much more to see.

My 996tt is very close to being completed and on the road. I would welcome you to fly out to California and see her for yourself once completed. In an above post you asked about bigger injectors. I know earlier you said you didn't want to get into more dollars, but you would be able to see what over 2600 cc of injectors per cylinder can do. I can tell you it idles like stock because we are using dual injectors per cylinder. One smaller for startup, idle and low duty and one larger one when called upon.

Again, congrats on a very quick build well done.
Chad, I can appreciate what you are saying about people not wanting to believe. I dropped this car off a while ago and posted very little since we were all scratching our heads. Just doing baseline tuning with no boost and no timing were seeing numbers significantly better than any other fuel, including C16, at the same parameters. We actually thought the dyno had malfunctioned. Heck, we didnt believe and it was right infront of us. If I recall we were getting 700awhp/700awtq on wastegate springs and no timing at 6K rpm and it was coming in so fast we were stunned. Also, the simple fact this fuel can spool twin 35Rs so fast and so hard to motivate that car in 4th gear only to the 60-130 Porsche record is almost beyond belief. I am looking forward to Tom's build with the bigger injectors and knowing what i know now, your motor on ethanol with be staggering. As for flying out, not in the cards, but I am out there transporting vehicles on a regular basis and would like to see the project. Thanks, Kevin

Old 04-16-2011, 09:00 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
KPG 4 Prez.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:16 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by bmoores
KPG 4 Prez.
Scary thing is I would be an improvement...

Old 04-16-2011, 10:17 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Chad, I can appreciate what you are saying about people not wanting to believe. I dropped this car off a while ago and posted very little since we were all scratching our heads. Just doing baseline tuning with no boost and no timing were seeing numbers significantly better than any other fuel, including C16, at the same parameters. We actually thought the dyno had malfunctioned. Heck, we didnt believe and it was right infront of us. If I recall we were getting 700awhp/700awtq on wastegate springs and no timing at 6K rpm and it was coming in so fast we were stunned. Also, the simple fact this fuel can spool twin 35Rs so fast and so hard to motivate that car in 4th gear only to the 60-130 Porsche record is almost beyond belief. I am looking forward to Tom's build with the bigger injectors and knowing what i know now, your motor on ethanol with be staggering. As for flying out, not in the cards, but I am out there transporting vehicles on a regular basis and would like to see the project. Thanks, Kevin
Kevin,

If we were to post what our dyno showed no one would believe it. What we learned about C16 vs E85 is the C16 is one big explosion that pushes the piston down the liner. The biggest push is just after TDC and declines from there. E85 burns almost all the way down the liner providing push throughout the stroke. In other words max push starting after TDC and pushing all the way down to just prior to BDC. This is where the response in gained.

We found the Porsche ignition system is maximized around 4400 rpm's and falls off from there. The system packs a charge and only recharges up to a certain point. This is the reason why GT3 heads utilizing Cup and RSR valve sizes were being kept up with by turbo valve size heads. The bigger heads were never able to be fully utilized. Furthermore, the stock Porsche ignition and even stock ignitions with aftermarket coils were not able to utilize the larger air volume's, especially when higher compression, higher boost pressure or higher RPM's are introduced.

I kid you not when I say we have opened Pandora's Box when we paired big breathing heads, higher boost pressures and higher rpm's with a Pulsed CDI system combined with F! coils that are lightening fast with a hugh pulsed charge supplied by the CDI. The pulse provides ignition all the way down the liner and the CDI provides tons of instant charge. The coils provide the above throughout the full 9000 rpm range.

Last edited by cjv; 04-16-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:02 AM
KPG
[quote=cjv;3180377]Kevin,

If we were to post what our dyno showed no one would believe it. What we learned about C16 vs E85 is the C16 is one big explosion that pushes the piston down the liner. The biggest push is just after TDC and declines from there. E85 burns almost all the way down the liner providing push throughout the stroke. In other words max push starting after TDC and pushing all the way down to just prior to BDC. This is where the response in gained.
[quote]
Chad, that would explain the tq numbers we were seeing, even on wastegate springs. As far as the Pandoras's box, I already opened it years ago when I started modifying this car...been trying to close it ever since. Although I have no doubt about your claims of CDI performance are correct, just far too much time and resources to change now. The car seems to have a great balance for the street with it power levels. Will it beat anything on the street? No, but there is always some one faster anyway and I am not chasing that ghost. Thanks for the info! Kevin

Old 04-17-2011, 01:47 PM
cjv
[QUOTE=KPG;3180513][quote=cjv;3180377]Kevin,

Chad, that would explain the tq numbers we were seeing, even on wastegate springs. As far as the Pandoras's box, I already opened it years ago when I started modifying this car...been trying to close it ever since. Although I have no doubt about your claims of CDI performance are correct, just far too much time and resources to change now. The car seems to have a great balance for the street with it power levels. Will it beat anything on the street? No, but there is always some one faster anyway and I am not chasing that ghost. Thanks for the info! Kevin
Kevin,

There is a point where power starts to become useless. It appears you may have found a good balance. We are attempting to salvage some of our useless power with a front torque biased front differential.

Do you recall what heads and the valve sizes you are utilizing? Was there any porting or on the lighter side port clean up?

Last edited by cjv; 04-17-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:09 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by ttboost
It's all about the right combination. It's very possible to have 2 cars, 1 modded to the hilt and one with a few bolt-ons, be very close in performance, but when you get to the level of the TTG's...all bets are off...simply amazing performance...
I have seen this again and again. It demonstrates the difference between those who know what they are doing and those who try to imitate not really understanding "why" something is being done.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Thread cleaned up. Sorry, Kev. Peter and I got a little carried away.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:11 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
KPG, CONGRATS on the great time!
Peter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evolution Motorsports 3.96 60-130 Record Breaking... VIDEO