996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Champion Motorsport - Real Race Suspension Upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 02:24 AM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Absolutely...we can do the better rod-end option, but we're still auditioning new rod-ends for that purpose. Right now we think the ones we're selling on the production kits are perfect, from a cost and quality standpoint. The first set of titanium parts should be here any day too

OK so I will bump this. I would really like a set with upgraded rod ends. A NHBB or NMB option would be great. Also what those brands you keep more of your money in America which considering the state of the US economy that would be important to yall. I spoke to one of the guys at your shop today and he really did not know much about the product.

The NHBB rod ends are by far better ends. Especially with a set of dust boots and a good liberal spraying of Maxima Chain wax inside the boots for wet climates. Hard anodized in black would be nice too.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:31 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Engine Guy
OK so I will bump this. I would really like a set with upgraded rod ends. A NHBB or NMB option would be great. Also what those brands you keep more of your money in America which considering the state of the US economy that would be important to yall. I spoke to one of the guys at your shop today and he really did not know much about the product.

The NHBB rod ends are by far better ends. Especially with a set of dust boots and a good liberal spraying of Maxima Chain wax inside the boots for wet climates. Hard anodized in black would be nice too.
Hi Engine Guy. Sorry you weren't able to get answers on the phone yesterday....hopefully I can help. The rod-ends we used are made by a company called Aurora, which is a US-based company. (Aurora Bearing Company)

They have been making the highest quality rod-ends and bearings for a lot of race applications for years. We used Aurora exclusively on all of our World Challenge cars as well as the R8 and R10. We chose to stick with them for these street applications.

As for the dust boots, they're not pictured on the first page so that you could see the part itself, but every set we sell comes complete with dust boots. Check here, you can see them fitted with dust boots, and the entry-level rod-ends: http://www.championmotorsport.com/Se...ts.asp?Cat=191

Old 01-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
Yes tom I am aware of the stuff on the updated web page and I am very familiar with Aurora and I knew that is what you use.

I know NHBB product very well to and I find it to be superior.

I also have seen your new link on your web site with the pics having dust boots; but thanks for pointing that out to me anyway.

I do like the looks of your product more so then the many other manufacturers that use Jam nuts and turnbuckles.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:32 PM
jcars1990 is on a distinguished road
defiantly looks like good stuff !

Old 01-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Engine Guy
Yes tom I am aware of the stuff on the updated web page and I am very familiar with Aurora and I knew that is what you use.

I know NHBB product very well to and I find it to be superior.

I also have seen your new link on your web site with the pics having dust boots; but thanks for pointing that out to me anyway.

I do like the looks of your product more so then the many other manufacturers that use Jam nuts and turnbuckles.
"You sir are man who lacks tact and self control" Champion makes quality parts and puts plenty of R&D into their products. If you would like NHBB ends then buy Champions setup and change the heim to the ones "you know".

Old 01-22-2012, 01:41 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !

Tim941NYC and Engine Guy,

You both seem to have a bit of history that is running through several threads. Before this gets stupid, I ask that you stop addressing each other directly and notch up your posts just a tad...you know what I mean? Feel free to PM me or another Moderator for any help if you need it.