996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Another Fuel pump upgrade question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 01:51 PM
jonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to all
Another Fuel pump upgrade question

I was wondering if there is a single fuel pump out there that you can upgrade to support 700WHP rather than the piggy back system that everyone offers, I have has a few 044's go out on me in the past and I would hate to have one fail and go lean on me.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:21 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Hi,Yes from what I understand a big Weldon pump mounted on the outside of the tank,eliminating the stock one in the tank but most guys that run them are not running AWD,so they mount it in that front area... ...Tim941NYC is the guy to get in touch with on here,good guy.......I always tought the 044 pumps were very good in the longivity area??..Good Luck

Old 09-06-2011, 02:22 PM
jonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to all
I run Weldons on my race cars but dam they are noisy.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:31 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
I just read in one of my Hot Rod magazines that Weldon came out with a new smaller and quieter pump that can handle the HP you are talking about??

Old 09-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Old 09-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Hopefully someone will make a kit for this install

Old 09-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
they are out there where they put the pump in the drunk...
but they are very costly fuel systems...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-06-2011, 04:15 PM
the weldon inline seems cheap $349 and I would think be a simple install but maybe not.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
blah...Current Fluids

Compatible with Gasoline Only (not compatible with alcohol / ethanol based fuels)

Old 09-06-2011, 04:18 PM
I called them it is compatible with up to 15% ethanol

Old 09-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jonty
I called them it is compatible with up to 15% ethanol
I want to be able to run e85 all the time.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:26 PM
well I don't not enough coverage. I also read some where the 044 was not methanol or ethanol compatible

Old 09-06-2011, 05:03 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
You might look into DW301s. They don't have a kit for Porsche but are designed in collaboration with a group in Brazil where they run ethanol all the time. They flow well and you might be able to rig something up.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by TTdude
You might look into DW301s. They don't have a kit for Porsche but are designed in collaboration with a group in Brazil where they run ethanol all the time. They flow well and you might be able to rig something up.

The jayracing 340 beats the DW301 as well and too is full e85 compatible but is a intank only pump.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:20 PM
The 340 will not support much HP though?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another Fuel pump upgrade question