996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

some pictures from this morning's photoshoot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 12:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
some pictures from this morning's photoshoot

Shot with Canon S50 5.0 MP, resized 50%...what do you guys think?

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 10-15-2003, 12:12 PM
Parker is infamous around these parts
very nice.. great camera too. how much was it? I'm in the market and was looking at the Nikon D series.

Old 10-15-2003, 12:15 PM
N3O
N3O is infamous around these parts
Nice....=)

Old 10-15-2003, 12:20 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
5 Mega Pix really makes a difference!!! The car's look great. Guess it's time to upgrade my 4 year old 1.2 mega pix Olympus...

Old 10-15-2003, 12:23 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
VERY NICE!!!!
Wish you still had the white M3 Conv. though, one of my favorites!!
Regards,
Evan

Old 10-15-2003, 12:36 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by AMG ETR
VERY NICE!!!!
Wish you still had the white M3 Conv. though, one of my favorites!!
Regards,
Evan
you mean this one

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

Old 10-15-2003, 12:36 PM
Basic Sponsor
no interior work as of yet - its coming next year, along with some brembos and a new set of HREs

The S50 was only 429 at etronics.com - i thought it to be a great buy, for pretty much a point and shoot camera.

Last edited by Wheel Experts; 10-15-2003 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:40 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Parker,
If you can afford a Nikon D series, such as the D1S or D1H, they are arguably the best out there. I have nothing against Canon or Sony (which I own) but having the interchangeability of 35mm lenses and the experience in the industry that Nikon has, not to mention the fact that the professionals all use them, it is the choice.

Old 10-15-2003, 12:47 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Ken:

Noway, Canon is better in digital. CMOS rules. FIlm leaned very slighlty toward Nikon. Conon leanst very slightly for digital (better IS, wider range, higher quality lenses, better prices, ...).

Old 10-15-2003, 12:51 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Tim,
I did say "Arguably". LOL

Seriously though, not to derail this post but which model Canon are you referring to. Enlighten me man.
Sigma came out with a camera recently that was supposed to turn the dp market on its ear. I think it was CMOS based instead of charge coupled display but it had 3 panels (1 for each color).

Old 10-15-2003, 12:57 PM
Ken:

I have a 10D and D60. 500mmf4L IS, 24-70f2.8L USM, 1.2X, 28-135IS, 85mm f1.2L. Also have a S50 for in the pocket shots and videos.

By far the best forum for digital photography is http://www.dpreview.com/

Old 10-15-2003, 01:03 PM
Parker is infamous around these parts
Ken, thanks. My wife speaks with professional photographers everyday and they've been telling us the same. The quality just can't be matched. Just so close to the functionality of 35mm. The new D2H is rediculous esp with the shutter speed... perhaps that's the only way to go since I'm looking to hone my amatuer skill at future 6Speed meets (dont' want to miss the modded beasts in action )

colorchange you're dead on about the cost factor, but I can't resist all this Nikon talk. It's too positive and very supported.

Is there a Canon out there that technically compares to the the D2H?

Last edited by Parker; 10-15-2003 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:25 PM
Parker, I'm not sure what technical comparison you are looking for. Is it the fact that Canons nearly 1 year old 1D can shoot 8fps at 4.5 mpx, or the 1Ds that is full frame 11mpx at 3fps?

Old 10-15-2003, 01:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
i am looking at 840Rs or 841Rs at present, but Fred's 543Rs sure are throwing me off course.

Old 10-15-2003, 01:39 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
I love the HRE's on your CLK, (I like the CLK too, used to have a 55AMG cab), what is the model number on thoes wheels, and do they fit a turbo. Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: some pictures from this morning's photoshoot