996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Make Over

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 11:07 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
I have the spacers but have not put them on yet. I'm not a fan of black wheels either but thinking the black spokes would look good.
Black wheels would look cool for about 2 weeks, I am with you ... If you do it, get a new wheel, don't turn those black.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:42 AM
bng4god has a spectacular aura aboutbng4god has a spectacular aura about
Since you already have black accents on your car, I would suggest painting the face black and leave the lip the same as that would break up the all black tire/wheel combo. What about a matte black finish on the wheel face? I think that would look less gaudy than gloss black. Just a thought.

PS: Forgot to say: That is a gorgeous color!!!!

Old 10-05-2011, 12:27 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Daytrip00, Give MAShaw a call. They are always great to talk to and will give you a great deal on their top quality parts. The guys at TNT auto body are super talented. If you can get your car up to Sacramento you will be very pleased with their work and prices.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Just a suggestion, but you might want to paint your calipers to match your car or black w/a silver porsche decal.

Is the blade on your wing cf?

Old 10-05-2011, 02:14 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Yes the blade on the wing is CF, as is the front lip, mirror housing, turbo duct splitters and upper spoiler on the rear window. Has anyone found a carbon fiber spoked wheel that they like and hold up?

Old 10-05-2011, 02:21 PM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
I agree with Dean and Steve - Most of the time I would always opt against black wheels

But, I think you could do something pretty nice with your car

Have you considered going for gloss black centres with body coloured rims?

You could then go for orange calipers with black decals to finish it off

OR

How about doing the complete reverse?

Orange centres, black lips, black calipers, orange decals?

BUT

Make sure you listen to Dean, Don't do it to those wheels!

Old 10-05-2011, 02:47 PM
SaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really nice
Car looks great !

Old 10-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Nice change, the CF accents with the orange looks very good! I like the wheels as they are now, but I think black spokes w/ natural lips would look good, too.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 10-05-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:15 PM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
Car is gorgeous. Wheels are hot. Matte Black faces and Gloss Black lips would continue your theme a little bit better. Throw a glossy black Turbo emblem on the back. Although, if it were my car I would leave the wheels as is and soften the blackout on the rear taillights, expose the clear part too.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:38 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
ezcookin your car looks AMAZING,incredible,beautiful,very nice.............i like her very much

Old 10-05-2011, 10:16 PM
MJ3
MJ3 is on a distinguished road
(satin) black centers with polished lip. Your ride really looks great.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:54 PM
REDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud of
Wow, that looks great! I would put a black turbo emblem on the back. There is a product called plasti-dip you can get at home depot that makes turning emblems black super easy.

Are those wheels 3pc? I can't tell. I think wheels need to be 3pc to be 2-tone I don't like black center with chrome lips. You would be better off with all black concave wheels with no lip. Or if you wanted to keep the lip I would do orange and black. Either orange on the centers or orange on the rim. That would be pretty wild

Old 10-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks everyone for the nice comments and good suggestions. I'll keep you posted on what I decide about the wheels.

I had a carbon fiber turbo emblem on the rear but it was damaged during removal. Anyone know where I can find another one?

Old 10-06-2011, 08:15 PM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Don't bother with another badge

Car looks super clean without it
The badge just adds 'clutter'

Old 10-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
You might change you mind when you see the wheels in black!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Make Over