996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Turbo Twist Wheel Color Opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sunir
My GT2 has color matched wheels...it's Seal Gray. I think gloss black or red would look nice also...and white would look great for a multispoke touring car look. Then again a Matte black is also fantastic, for an agreesive and subtle look. What effect are you going for?

Originally Posted by porka
Thanks for posting these pictures. Between these two shots -- it's really hard for me to choose. They both look excellent!

Old 10-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Aron Fridrik is on a distinguished road
My GT2 has color matched wheels...it's Seal Gray. I think gloss black or red would look nice also...and white would look great for a multispoke touring car look. Then again a Matte black is also fantastic, for an agreesive and subtle look. What effect are you going for?

[IMG]http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll261/sunir_photos/996%20GT2/CnC2_6_4_11.jpg[/1IMG]

[IMG]http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll261/sunir_photos/996%20GT2/gt2_cnc3.jpg[/1IMG]

[IMG]http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll261/sunir_photos/996%20GT2/gt2_cnc4.jpg[/1IMG]

Man that car looks good, I never would have guessed the color matched wheels would look so good !

Old 10-20-2011, 03:20 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Thanks guys ... Yeah I like the color matched wheels on my GT2, that's soemthing they do in Europe in fact I think you can order it like that for the German market cars.

It's hard to pick a color, the matte black or gloss plack like Proka has is great also...but if I had to do something attention grabbing that I REALLY think would be cool and very unique is a red color...it would give the car an 'RS' type flavor and look different...if I get another set of wheels for my GT2 they will be red or white, but for now I am pretty content with the car as it sits with the factory colormatched setup, although I was thinking about a yellow pinstripe to match the yellow PCCB calipers, dunno yet...I asked around some folks and they advised against it, we'll see I may try the vinyl ones they sell online for cars and motorcycle wheels and see how that looks, if I don't likt 'em they go on and come off pretty easily.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:21 PM
innisdb can only hope to improve
i say match the color of your car

Old 10-20-2011, 09:06 PM
jdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond repute
Sunir, your GT2 wheels color matched are gorgeous! Did you have that done? Paint? Powder Coat? Where?

So, I would vote for color match!

Thanks!

Jon

Old 10-20-2011, 10:04 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Thanks Jon the car came that way from the original owner... I didn't do anything

Are u the same jon holder from BMW cca back in the day w the evosport CM racecar?

Old 10-20-2011, 10:04 PM
sanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud of
I saw a 6TT Seal Gray with color matched twist and it was the cats meow! If you want a slight twist (no pun intended) on that theme go with a Meteor Gray Metallic for a little sparkle.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
Eugene, here is mine when it had gloss black wheels but I think you saw this in person though at Santana Row. I didn't overly like the look with my color. I like gloss black more on darker colored car. I'm now thinking of painting my wheels polar silver to match my car since the regular silver looks weird against the polar silver. If you end up painting them, let me know who does it for you if it turns out good.

Name:  996ttwithblacktwists.jpg
Views: 3025
Size:  64.6 KB

Old 10-20-2011, 10:13 PM
sanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud ofsanyata has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Turbo
If you end up painting them, let me know who does it for you if it turns out good.

I had mine done in Santa Clara and I'm real happy with them. PM if you want info.

Name:  wheels.jpg
Views: 1759
Size:  161.9 KB

Old 10-20-2011, 10:25 PM
porscheforfun will become famous soon enough
gloss black with a red pin strip around the edge to match the calipers

Old 10-20-2011, 11:05 PM
jdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond reputejdholder has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Jon the car came that way from the original owner... I didn't do anything

Are u the same jon holder from BMW cca back in the day w the evosport CM racecar?
Hey Sunir - yep same guy! CM car is gone and I just picked up a 01 996 TT for a Daily Driver.

Rats - I wish you knew something about the wheels - I really liked that color combo!

OP - Are you considering paint or powder coat? I had some wheels painted and was never really happy with the durability - perhaps it was the quality of the paint job, but my powdercoated wheels were much more durable. Although I've hear that powdercoating can weaken the structure of the wheel.

Best of luck!

Jon

Old 10-21-2011, 08:35 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HI,Color match all the way....Good Luck

Old 10-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
I appreciate all of the ideas. I'm now leaning towards color matching the Turbo Twists (powdercoat). I'm also interested in the idea of a red pinstripe. Any Photoshop experts here who can easily modify sunir's picture with red calipers and a red pin stripe around the wheel?

Old 10-21-2011, 11:51 AM
^^^ Aerodude glad I could be of assistance that's why I like this forum so much, we help each other

Jon Holder buddy how are ya!!!?? Long time bro. Are you still racing with Brad and Simon out there on the west coast?

For those of you who don't know Jon...he and I go WAAYYY back since like '02 or so from the BMW boards...we both had race cars built around the same time, I think I even bought a set of Koni Double adj shocke from him. We have a ton of common buddies from racing with groups like BMW CCA, NASA GTS Challenge, and PBOC etc... Jon is a heck of a guy and a great racer and 'ole friend and 6speed is lucky to have him here... welcome to the 6 bro!

Oh and when Holder gets serious about a project watch out, it'll be a beast for sure! Bud what's the plan for your '01 996TT? Nice choice by the way!

Old 10-22-2011, 10:32 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Turbo
Eugene, here is mine when it had gloss black wheels but I think you saw this in person though at Santana Row. I didn't overly like the look with my color. I like gloss black more on darker colored car. I'm now thinking of painting my wheels polar silver to match my car since the regular silver looks weird against the polar silver. If you end up painting them, let me know who does it for you if it turns out good.

Nor Cal i have a Polar Silver also with original color wheels.I think as you do about black wheels in clear color,no disrespect to the ones have them,but if you get to paint Polar Silver your wheels please show pics here to see how nice it looks.

I do really like Sunir's Gt2 match color wheels.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbo Twist Wheel Color Opinions