996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone planning on doing any of the Silver State Challenges next Year?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 12:42 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
Cool Anyone planning on doing any of the Silver State Challenges next Year?

For those of you who have in the past, it must be a blast! For those who havent, check it out
www.silverstateclassic.com

Old 10-17-2003, 01:34 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
and openroadracing.com

208.5 MPH on Route 305, South of Battle Mountain, in the great Free State of Nevada --

Attached Images  
Old 10-17-2003, 04:55 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by watt
and openroadracing.com

208.5 MPH on Route 305, South of Battle Mountain, in the great Free State of Nevada --
Hey Watt, How long were you able to keep that fist in the air at 200+ mph??? hehehe

Old 10-17-2003, 10:10 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
that's a skilled driver, it's not me

Old 10-17-2003, 10:29 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
What are the restrictions? If you have a rollbar and harness, is it unlimited? The fastest I have gone to date is about 170mph (165 on a previous motocycle).
Is there a schedule for 2004 yet?
I would love to join the 200+ club. Would this be viable?

Watt,
that photo looks like a previous generation 911. What car is it?

Old 10-17-2003, 10:39 PM
ken,

that's a ruf 993 TT.

check out the sites and read the spec.s. rollbar, harness, racing seats, fire exting only good to 165 tech [max] speed. this is my current kit

touching 170 and sustaining 170 for 100 miles are rather different in skill, preparation, experience on the road, high speed seat time required, risk, etc.... check out the sites and search my threads and those of ruf racer at the other website,

we'd love to have you join us this summer!!!!!

Attached Images  
Old 10-17-2003, 10:54 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Watt,
I took a brief look at the rules for www.openroadracing.com and it seems I would be limited to a maximum rating of GS1. Does that sound right? Having never competed before, would I build up to the GS1 class or simply enter it? Can you build up to it throughout multiple runs in the event or is it a one time run. Briefly describe how it would work upon my arrival.

Old 10-17-2003, 10:55 PM
KPV
Hey, by the way, did you ever clean off theose grasshoppers?

Old 10-17-2003, 11:02 PM
most of them just peeled off with the latex, the grills needed more scrubbing

gs1 with a rooky 150 tech speed max first time. have to qualify with an instructor at your target average which i believe cant exceed 135? first time. friday practise about 6 hours over a 10 mile section... then the race is it. the skilled players have run the road multiple years increasing their speed every year. better even to start 140 tech, 120 average. need a navigator to go faster

Last edited by watt; 10-17-2003 at 11:04 PM.