996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Video: Z06 vs. Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Banned
SeansVette is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by exoticalex
Oh no! Bandwidth Exceeded!
Yeah, same thing happened to me.

Old 05-25-2005, 11:01 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
hmm, wonder if SeansVette = Autonut ???

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...fo&userid=4389

Old 05-25-2005, 11:04 AM
Banned
Chordate is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by rockitman
hmm, wonder if SeansVette = Autonut ???

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...fo&userid=4389
He is, and like AutoCoCoNut, he has been banned.

Old 05-25-2005, 11:26 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Chordate
He is, and like AutoCoCoNut, he has been banned.
ahhh, just caught that. Man that was fast...

Old 05-25-2005, 05:03 PM
01zincguy is on a distinguished road
fyi- 1st cobra was an sn95 model, so its the slow one.

Old 05-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
What the F%$K!! Why is it that you guys can't see past any remarks that clearly implicate the driving style of the drivers of these cars. All you have to read is that one of your poor, misunderstood, cars might be accused of being slow!! Instantly, the arrogant p-car owning erudite must have his nose in the air looking down at you!!

Let me state my position again. First, all of the cars in the video are FAST CARS!! The Cobra is a beast, as is the p-car race car as is the Corvette. The things that separates them are:

1. They are not all set up for the track!

2. They are not experienced drivers!

A Pinto with an experienced driver could probably run circles around these guys! (Please no bashing from the Pinto guys!)

I don't care that some obscure article with a more experienced driver might drive a Corvette at RA and beat a P-car by .05 seconds.

Can't we all just get along?!

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! !!!

Old 05-25-2005, 06:49 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
I must be missing something here, didn't see the war break out...

Old 05-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
No war...just not feelin' the love.

Old 05-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Who let the dogs out...
Adrift is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by hhazrati
This video is your typical DE mish-mash. The vette driver has an instructor riding along, so it must be the beginner group!
While I agree all DEs are a bit of a mish mash, to say it is a beginner because he has an instructor is absurd. Even the hottest of the local hot shoes regularly have an instructor come along.

Anyone who thinks they are too good to need instruction is...poorly advised (stronger wording rethought - lol).

Old 05-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Paratrooper is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Dave
No war...just not feelin' the love.
Dave, I like what you said. I'm an American car enthusiast but I also appreciate and respect Porsche (not a big fan of the Boxster though).

To help broaden my horizons, what's a "P car"?

Old 05-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Who let the dogs out...
Adrift is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Paratrooper
Dave, I like what you said. I'm an American car enthusiast but I also appreciate and respect Porsche (not a big fan of the Boxster though).

To help broaden my horizons, what's a "P car"?
a "p car" is a porsche. "f-car"...ferrari.

drive a boxster, especially on a nice curvy road or a track. i think you will like what you find.

Old 05-26-2005, 04:03 PM
Paratrooper,
Thanks. While some on this board might not agree, my Boxster S is a much better driving car than my 996TT. While it has only half the horsepower of the TT, it has the factory M030 option (factory tuned suspension) which is awesome. Not a rocket, but a pure driving experience. When I need an adrenaline rush I drive the TT, when I want the feel good experience, I pull out the Boxster S.

You'll notice that a number of folks on this board own both. I, for one, bought the 996TT thinking that I was moving up and getting rid of the Boxster. After a couple of weeks, it was clear that I was going to be keeping the Boxster. (Much to the chagrin of my wife!)

I love American cars too!

Old 05-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Paratrooper is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Adrift
a "p car" is a porsche. "f-car"...ferrari.

drive a boxster, especially on a nice curvy road or a track. i think you will like what you find.
I am sure it has a lot of redeming qualities. As a daily driver I imagine it's a dream. But if I'm going to purchase a sports car, I want a sports car. I don't doubt the Boxster's handling prowess, but everytime I opened up the throttle I would be disappointed. I guess I'm just a typical American that want to feel the torque on my back.

This being said though, I have never actually driven one. Admittedly my preconceived notions could be proven wrong one day.

Also I'm not a track guy (although I would like to be). And in the real world you're not going to be torque steering a car around corners at it's maximum capacity. But you can punch your right foot anytime you want and feel the rush. I would really resent some punk kid in a cheap Camaro being able to blow by me anytime he wants.