996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Fixed spoiler hydraulic rams w/ stop leak, little different method.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 09:32 PM
nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !
Retrieve your pump out of the garbage can and sell it to me. I need some internal parts, I'll pay shipping too.

I did basically what you did for a while only I machined some rods and sourced some short metric bolts to, didn't use the banjos at all. After a while I got tired of the look and just took the wing off altogether. I like that clean simple look the best. I do want to repair the ram though and put it back on when and if I decide to see the beast. I think it will only go up in price from here though so nothing like having a supercar that will hold or slightly appreciate.

Old 09-04-2015, 05:08 AM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by '02996ttx50
ordinarily your post would be met with kudos and questions as to how we also might partake of your ingenuity in the event our wings once again become flaccid. but given there are many of us here that struggle to keep our wings working as intended, through one or other of the many "fixes" found in this thread, and you have an 08 turbo and have taken "nails" to it?! i say try sharing your fix in the 997 turbo forum, and perhaps you'll receive the kind of recognition your fix deserves. for here, i'm not sure it belongs though we share the same malady, and the fixes are the same. nails. but i will say it's a cheaper fix than the fixed wing kit i bought five years ago and have never used.. since i re-bled the system..once but nails!...really?! but good for you for trying! just please dont put that mod in your sig line!
why is he here on the 996TT forum? I never thought of dumping a can of nails in my hydraulic spoiler Rams to keep them stuck up...sure would have been easier and cheaper than developing my electric replacement kit...lol

djcooper@rennkit.com

Old 09-04-2015, 05:54 AM
ccjimmyb Is a GOD !ccjimmyb Is a GOD !ccjimmyb Is a GOD !ccjimmyb Is a GOD !ccjimmyb Is a GOD !ccjimmyb Is a GOD !ccjimmyb Is a GOD !ccjimmyb Is a GOD !ccjimmyb Is a GOD !ccjimmyb Is a GOD !ccjimmyb Is a GOD !
[QUOTE='02996ttx50;4395134]ordinarily your post would be met with kudos and questions as to how we also might partake of your ingenuity in the event our wings once again become flaccid. but given there are many of us here that struggle to keep our wings working as intended, through one or other of the many "fixes" found in this thread, and you have an 08 turbo and have taken "nails" to it?! i say try sharing your fix in the 997 turbo forum, and perhaps you'll receive the kind of recognition your fix deserves. for here, i'm not sure it belongs though we share the same malady, and the fixes are the same. nails. but i will say it's a cheaper fix than the fixed wing kit i bought five years ago and have never used.. since i re-bled the system..once

but nails!...really?! but good for you for trying! just please dont put that mod in your sig line! [/QUOTE]

I needed a good laugh this morning. Classic.....

Old 09-04-2015, 07:14 AM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ccjimmyb
[B] I needed a good laugh this morning.
i had mine when i read of his fix

Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4S
why is he here on the 996TT forum? I never thought of dumping a can of nails in my hydraulic spoiler Rams to keep them stuck up...sure would have been easier and cheaper than developing my electric replacement kit...lol
ha. your kit is THE ultimate solution ( is that not pc enough!? ) his is, well i'd say he nailed it but...

but this from the guy that has home dept chicken wire mesh for grill screens i DO admire his idgaf style which i share, but THIS? IS classic lol

Old 09-04-2015, 08:42 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
I guess he should have said: "thin metal rods" instead of "nails" to reduce the possibility of ridicule here. I was thinking of doing the same thing at some point, although I wouldn't cut the old lines. I would simply reattach all lines as they were with the "metal rod" maintaining pressure to hold the wing up without the need for hydraulic fluid. Then just disconnect the power to the pump and you would maintain your hydraulics in "stasis" until you can decide to repair or replace.

I don't know why someone would assume this would stop the failure warning though - because it wouldn't. You may not get a warning when the spoiler was supposed to go up, but you'll get the warning when it is supposed to go down.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:55 AM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Slider
I guess he should have said: "thin metal rods" instead of "nails" to reduce the possibility of ridicule here. I was thinking of doing the same thing at some point, although I wouldn't cut the old lines. I would simply reattach all lines as they were with the "metal rod" maintaining pressure to hold the wing up without the need for hydraulic fluid. Then just disconnect the power to the pump and you would maintain your hydraulics in "stasis" until you can decide to repair or replace.

I don't know why someone would assume this would stop the failure warning though - because it wouldn't. You may not get a warning when the spoiler was supposed to go up, but you'll get the warning when it is supposed to go down.
ha you may well be right. but imagine my surprise when i opened my ebay fixed wing kit to see a cpl dollars worth of hardware i paid 150$ for. i shoulda sold it to someone else when i had the chance! but now i've sobered up ( somewhat?) nails are sounding pretty good if i dont end up buying davecarerra's masterpiece of a MOVABLE electrically operated wing kit! ( please, another round of applause for doing it RIGHT?! )..but

nails and chicken wire! suits my "green acres" sensibilities, just fine, i reckon haha

Old 09-04-2015, 04:27 PM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by '02996ttx50
ha you may well be right. but imagine my surprise when i opened my ebay fixed wing kit to see a cpl dollars worth of hardware i paid 150$ for. i shoulda sold it to someone else when i had the chance! but now i've sobered up ( somewhat?) nails are sounding pretty good if i dont end up buying davecarerra's masterpiece of a MOVABLE electrically operated wing kit! ( please, another round of applause for doing it RIGHT?!)
a used threaded rod kit for sale on eBay right now for $100, snap it up while you can! ;-)

djcooper@rennkit.com

Old 09-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4S
a used threaded rod kit for sale on eBay right now for $100, snap it up while you can!
hah! i'll let my fixed kit go for 95! then and put the change in my e-ram fund

Old 09-05-2015, 05:17 AM
dodgypete is on a distinguished road
Repair, Replace or Mod

Maybe the spoiler needs its own sub forums
(wait, these lowbrow forum engines don't support nested/threaded topics).

We need for thread on Repairing a broken spoiler
We need for thread on Replacing a broken spoiler with alternatives

We need for thread to discuss the stupidity of having an articulated spoiler to begin with.

Old 09-05-2015, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by dodgypete
Maybe the spoiler needs its own sub forums (wait, these lowbrow forum engines don't support nested/threaded topics). We need for thread on Repairing a broken spoiler We need for thread on Replacing a broken spoiler with alternatives We need for thread to discuss the stupidity of having an articulated spoiler to begin with.
great idea, maybe I'll plug one into my website once up and running...

djcooper@rennkit.com

Old 09-05-2015, 07:57 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
just installed renn kit elec rams , ez install works great , a littler higher setting love it will up load pic shortly

Old 09-05-2015, 08:02 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
can,t remember how to upload pics some help please just installed renn ram kit (elec) will show pic if i can up load

Old 09-05-2015, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by steve harris
can,t remember how to upload pics some help please just installed RennKit eRam kit (elec) will show pic if i can up load
Steve, you have the first white turbo with an eRam kit. It sure looks nice too! If you want to upload pics, use the advance button, then "attach photos". I'm glad the install went well and your wing is fully functional! djcooper@rennkit.com

Old 09-05-2015, 08:53 PM
rear wing

id post pics but can not seem to get them posted from my phone , if you want to post pics i sent u be my guest

Old 09-05-2015, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by steve harris
id post pics but can not seem to get them posted from my phone , if you want to post pics i sent u be my guest
congrats on one of the coolest essential mods for the car to date. an early adopter, just when we thought you'd gone missing

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Fixed spoiler hydraulic rams w/ stop leak, little different method.