996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Heal-Toe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
RE Original Question: I would think that it all depends on your pedal layout and what your most comfortable with.

The old BMWs are perfect for heel/toe and Im still trying to figure out how to do it in my dads 964 since the pedals are different, maybe I should try the "ball/toe".

At any rate...this is what makes manuals the best

Attached Images  
Old 06-13-2005, 10:42 AM
Elderfart
rad22 is infamous around these parts
At Skip Barber we devoted most of an afternoon to learning and practicing the technique. In racing, it is not an option. It is absolutely necessary to manage weight transfer and avoid unwanted rear wheel engine braking at inappropriate times. I do it all the time, wherever I drive. Done well, it is highly satisfying.

I recently changed out the pedals in my 996TT (ultimatepedals.com) and opted for the wider accelerator pedal to facilitate "ball-toe".

Old 06-13-2005, 11:02 AM
aj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond repute
I "ball-toe" because I have wide feet and it's much easier for me to do it that way. Heel-toe is do-able for me, but why when the other is so much easier? It is an absolute must for track driving, and I find myself doing it on the street too because it makes the drive alot smoother.

Old 06-13-2005, 11:47 AM
MKW
MKW is infamous around these parts
I have std pedals and " ball-toe " for the Turbo , but keep my R heel on the floor for better control vs " whole foot in the air " .

Old 06-13-2005, 10:31 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Zippy
I don't understand the bare foot thing. It just seems to feel so wrong to me.
Since I try to never wear shoes, flip flops mostly for me, I am used to the whole barefoot thing.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
i have never had toe injuries myself, thus never needing to heel my toe. mecurochrome leaves ugly red residue, try neosporen. talk about old school...

Old 06-14-2005, 12:09 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Don Relentless
i have never had toe injuries myself, thus never needing to heel my toe. mecurochrome leaves ugly red residue, try neosporen. talk about old school...

See, now you're talking "heel" and I'm totally confused--again!

Old 06-14-2005, 02:10 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
All depends on pedal positioning like everyone said

Old 06-14-2005, 02:19 PM
Garey Cooper is infamous around these parts
Heel & Toe

I find the 996 TT pedal placement to be more conducive to heal & toe than my old 993 C2.

For the C2 I purchased a throttle pedal cover from a company called "Wings Engineering". It was nicely made and allowed some adjustment for fine setting the throttle pedal to the brake pedal. I hear that they have since stopped making these, but I would highly recommend them. More than just eye candy for the car, it was a functional piece.

As for heal & toe in daily driving it is very satisfying to hit the nail on the hit in cornering and braking using the technique. It would be one of the things I would miss with a Tip or the rumored new systems coming. Having said that given a choice I would probably go with a Ferrari, Maserati type electric clutch system given the chance, faster and more effecient.

It was essential to do this in racing and with the gearboxes like the Hewland FT-200....

Old 06-14-2005, 04:38 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
"HAHAHA... you guys totally missed the point of this thread. I have a foot fedish and was curious how many of you have BIG feet. You know what they say about big feet? OOPSIE... Did I just spill the beans?"

sick bastard - i love it man

Old 06-14-2005, 08:43 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
roll the ball/toe. Easy with size 14...

Old 06-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
Originally posted by rockitman
roll the ball/toe. Easy with size 14...
You got PM Big Foot.