996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Deionized wash system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 06:29 AM
ColorChange is on a distinguished road
Curves: Soft water is better than hard water, but nowhere near as clean as DI. The two are very different. I also use the Mr. Clean and like it.

Old 06-14-2005, 06:48 AM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
Re: Re: Re: Deionized wash system

Originally posted by Life Dies
You buy mr. clean and i'll buy this. Sounds perfect for the house windows.
I'll trust a company that has significant amounts of money for research, rather than a husband and wife who decide to start their own business. I'll buy Mr.Clean

Old 06-14-2005, 07:46 AM
BCS996TT is on a distinguished road
Mr Clean... Thumbs Down.

It might not be as apparent with light colored cars but with black, it seemed to have left a film on the paint which definitely dulled the finish.

Initially I was impressed (little spotting, but much better than without) after using it again... the nice gloss on the paint was completely gone..... there's something funky in that shampoo that breaks down the wax or leaves a film on the car.

Old 06-14-2005, 09:29 AM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
Re: Re: Re: Re: Deionized wash system

Originally posted by Vik
I'll trust a company that has significant amounts of money for research, rather than a husband and wife who decide to start their own business. I'll buy Mr.Clean
Who do you work for? Cause the obvious answer isn't yourself.

Old 06-14-2005, 09:47 AM
Banned
StephenTi is on a distinguished road
I tried the Mr. Clean method... and while it did dry spotless, the spray was very weak, and it took longer to cover the entire car than it did usual method. So, after a couple tries, I gave it away. My current home has rediculously high water pressure... so, maybe it'd be more effective now.

I use the water-sheeting method of drying... as long as there's a good coat of wax on, it works the best. Ha, the ultimate would be to use the water-sheeting method of drying with DI water...

How much flow restriction does this DI system cause?

Old 06-14-2005, 10:42 AM
JJP
JJP is on a distinguished road
I have the CR Spotless DI system and have used it for at least 20+ washes on Black and Seal Gray and not a single spot since. I have tried all of the drying techniques and this truly works the best. The best money spent in a long time. I would highly recomend this sytem to anyone with a darker car that washes frequently. I have 5 cars to maintain and it has cut my washing time in half.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:38 AM
Banned
Ferrarislave is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by GoWide
While it isn't bad for your paint (hopefully), it doesn't really work that well. It's also not truly touchless, so really it's just for those than don't want to dry the car. I used it several times and it didn't work very well - I'll stick with good old fashioned hand washing and drying with good products - my paint never complained.
Well you know you still have to wash the car normally, its just that the water you are washing with has no minerals or salts in it. There for as you rinse no spots appear afterwards. Almost all professional car wash products from Meguiars Detailer line, 4 star products and others have chemicals in them to prevent water spots hence a good wash with de-mineralized water = 0 spots.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:44 AM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
Originally posted by Ferrarislave
Well you know you still have to wash the car normally, its just that the water you are washing with has no minerals or salts in it. There for as you rinse no spots appear afterwards. Almost all professional car wash products from Meguiars Detailer line, 4 star products and others have chemicals in them to prevent water spots hence a good wash with de-mineralized water = 0 spots.
Well, the filter works, the soap does not - as someone pointed out, it can leave a weird residue on some carsreplying now. Also, in my area we have very good water, never leaves water marks. I washed my car in Vegas once before SEMA, and that was a much different story - so I think for some areas a DI system would be very good (or just use Mr. Cleans filtered water but not the soap).

Old 06-14-2005, 11:47 AM
Banned
I know now that you are speaking of Mr.Clean, thougt you where talking about the Commercial grade DI product.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:53 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Re: Re: Deionized wash system

Originally posted by Vik
The Mr.Clean Autodry works exactly the same, but for MUCH cheaper. The kit is only $30 and the refills are $6-$9.
the Mr Clean Autodry is complete crap, and does not compare to this system.

just my opinion of course

Deionized wash systems are sweet, we've been wanting to put one in for years but haven't gotten around to it.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:55 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by BCS996TT
Mr Clean... Thumbs Down.

It might not be as apparent with light colored cars but with black, it seemed to have left a film on the paint which definitely dulled the finish.

Initially I was impressed (little spotting, but much better than without) after using it again... the nice gloss on the paint was completely gone..... there's something funky in that shampoo that breaks down the wax or leaves a film on the car.
exactly the conclusion I came to, but I wasn't impressed at the beginning

Old 06-14-2005, 11:58 AM
Banned
I have never tried to, nor botherd waisting my money on it. Its not a professional product. It has small filters and a small water capacity. I would rather spend the money on a professional system like in the previous link posted, because if you add up all the filters for the Mr.Clean you will probley be at the point where you could have already bought a professional unit.

Old 06-14-2005, 12:37 PM
BCS996TT is on a distinguished road
Also.... Mr. Clean filters instruct to replace when window section is brown..... well... How the F$CK are you supposed to know b/c it's always brown?!?!?!?

Old 06-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Garey Cooper is on a distinguished road
Just a note on home water softener systems. The main ingrediant to "wash" the water is.......salt. Here in Huntington Beach we have very "hard" water, loaded with calcium, and it spots and leaves deposits everywhere. I am not sure what the salt does as an after effect to the water thus cleansed of calcium, but it must at least add a little; salt?

Old 06-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Curves4S will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by ColorChange
Curves: Soft water is better than hard water, but nowhere near as clean as DI. The two are very different. I also use the Mr. Clean and like it.
thanks..i didn't know DI was different. I too have the Mr. Clean but the cartridge only lasts about 2 or 3 washes at most.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Deionized wash system