996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Deionized wash system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
FYI, I don't work for Mr.Clean or any related company. Spending $300 on washing system for my car from a company I am not familiar with is a hard sell. The Autodry product is only about $30 bucks and the refills are cheap. I have only bought 2 refills, with about 25 washes, which comes to about $50. I believe the crspotless also needs cartidges which are fairly costly. Not trying to bash crspotless, but I think its much more cost effective for the Mr.Clean. You do not need to use the Mr.Clean soap, you can just use your own and wash with DI. If my car's paint is starting to dull, I will be the first to return the product and let you guys know. Here is a picture (Only used PS for the plate) for proof after many Mr.Clean washes

Attached Images  
Old 06-14-2005, 05:56 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Garey Cooper
Just a note on home water softener systems. The main ingrediant to "wash" the water is.......salt. Here in Huntington Beach we have very "hard" water, loaded with calcium, and it spots and leaves deposits everywhere. I am not sure what the salt does as an after effect to the water thus cleansed of calcium, but it must at least add a little; salt?

soft water systems require salt. DI is a different thing.

Old 06-14-2005, 05:57 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Vik
FYI, I don't work for Mr.Clean or any related company. Spending $300 on washing system for my car from a company I am not familiar with is a hard sell. The Autodry product is only about $30 bucks and the refills are cheap. I have only bought 2 refills, with about 25 washes, which comes to about $50. I believe the crspotless also needs cartidges which are fairly costly. Not trying to bash crspotless, but I think its much more cost effective for the Mr.Clean. You do not need to use the Mr.Clean soap, you can just use your own and wash with DI. If my car's paint is starting to dull, I will be the first to return the product and let you guys know. Here is a picture (Only used PS for the plate) for proof after many Mr.Clean washes

Pictures dont' really prove anything, esp. on a black car. I've experienced the same that others have mentioned, the paint is very rough, it leaves a weird film on the car. I got a system for free and used it a few times before throwing it out just to give it more chances.

Needless, I'll never use it again. If you like it and it's good for you, then awesome; keep using it. It's just not nearly up to my standards.

Go look at any of the big detailer forums around and you'll hear the same results. I've yet to meet anyone that really takes care of their cars paint that has enjoyed this project.

For the normal people I bet it works great though

some other questions for you, do you wax/clay properly prep your car? Or do you just use the mr.clean all the time?

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 06-14-2005 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Vik
Originally posted by HotRodGuy
Pictures dont' really prove anything, esp. on a black car. I've experienced the same that others have mentioned, the paint is very rough, it leaves a weird film on the car. I got a system for free and used it a few times before throwing it out just to give it more chances.

Needless, I'll never use it again. If you like it and it's good for you, then awesome; keep using it. It's just not nearly up to my standards.

Go look at any of the big detailer forums around and you'll hear the same results. I've yet to meet anyone that really takes care of their cars paint that has enjoyed this project.

For the normal people I bet it works great though
I don't understand how using the DI water damages the car. I thought we went over this? I am not using their soap. Oh, I forgot you are king of detailing, since I am just a normal person

Old 06-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Vik
I don't understand how using the DI water damages the car. I thought we went over this? I am not using their soap. Oh, I forgot you are king of detailing, since I am just a normal person

Never said I was the king of detailing. I'm just **** about my cars paint, most people aren't, that was my reference to normal people I haven't said anything anywhere about anything damaging a car. That's not what I meant by the paint being rough and the weird film. It's just not what the results I want. As i've said, if you enjoy it, keep on using it. Everyone has their own products to achieve their results. Someone told me something a long time ago when it came to car care products "find something you like and use it often"

How do you prep your car?

Old 06-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Mr. Clean isn’t. I used it a few times and have been very unimpressed. I couldn’t get the soap film off and didn’t wash as well.

I use Zaino car wash, which I am happiest with. I have tried so many deferent things and this has been the best solution.

I have done enough research to know the Deionized system would be preferable even if you were drying. I had asked a professional window cleaner how they cleaned the windows at a friend’s office building, which is on the second floor. He sated that they used a solution with a long handled brush from the ground and then just rinsed off. No drying. They are stunning.

Old 06-15-2005, 12:50 AM
Jet
Jet is on a distinguished road
Mr. Clean is a freakin joke, you sound like you work for procter and gamble. I have been trying to keep the crspotless a secret but it looks like it's getting pretty popular. The guy I dealt with, John, was a class A gentleman and the system is the best 200 bucks I've spent on detailing supplies since I got my pc. I have a jet black M3 and have been pretty impressed so far. I will do a write up soon if anyone is interested.

Old 06-15-2005, 12:29 PM
alamein is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Jet
I have been trying to keep the crspotless a secret
why

Old 06-15-2005, 01:27 PM
GENERAL LEE is on a distinguished road
Ok I have had dark cars my whole life and have tried everything. For my cars I have found nothing better than plain old hand wash with a very soft mitt, using Turtle Wax Zip Wash, and drying with a drying cloth from Griotts garage.

I have tried the leaf blower route and unless you do it in a completely enclosed garage you WILL destroy your paint. I don't care what filters you can buy. The small debris on the ground will get picked up and ruin your car eventually.

The DI while quicker and somewhat effective still left spots on my black TT. Yes, it was better than not, but I want ZERO spots not just less.

I will stick with the orginal method and spend the extra 5 minutes to hand dry with a cotton towel.

Old 06-15-2005, 02:07 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by BlackGold

I have tried the leaf blower route and unless you do it in a completely enclosed garage you WILL destroy your paint. I don't care what filters you can buy. The small debris on the ground will get picked up and ruin your car eventually.

I use the leaf blower and have no problems. Try turning the blower upside down so the intake is drawing air from towards the sky, rather than up from the ground. Problem solved.

Old 06-15-2005, 02:18 PM
Jet
Originally posted by BlackGold
Ok I have had dark cars my whole life and have tried everything. For my cars I have found nothing better than plain old hand wash with a very soft mitt, using Turtle Wax Zip Wash, and drying with a drying cloth from Griotts garage.

The DI while quicker and somewhat effective still left spots on my black TT. Yes, it was better than not, but I want ZERO spots not just less.

I will stick with the orginal method and spend the extra 5 minutes to hand dry with a cotton towel.
I love this post. Rockitman is correct, what are you doing blowing things onto the car? Some would describe your car wash method a little archaic but more power to you. I doubt you used a quality DI system as they do not leave any spots whatsoever even in direct sunlight though. If you feel like stimulating your mind, visit a detailing forum, you'd be surprised what you learn.

Alamein,

The results are guaranteed, if you don't like it send the kit back to John for your money back pure and simple. There are no minerals in DI water so there is no reason for it to leave any spots. I was kidding about the secret part.

Old 06-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Vik
Originally posted by Jet
Mr. Clean is a freakin joke, you sound like you work for procter and gamble. I have been trying to keep the crspotless a secret but it looks like it's getting pretty popular. The guy I dealt with, John, was a class A gentleman and the system is the best 200 bucks I've spent on detailing supplies since I got my pc. I have a jet black M3 and have been pretty impressed so far. I will do a write up soon if anyone is interested.
As I said in my previous post I don't work for them. Just want to let people know about a quality product that is affordable.

Old 06-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Vik
Originally posted by HotRodGuy
How do you prep your car?
I Get real drunk and then **** all over it. That doesn't damage the paint, right?

Old 06-16-2005, 05:36 AM
GENERAL LEE is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Jet
I love this post. Rockitman is correct, what are you doing blowing things onto the car? Some would describe your car wash method a little archaic but more power to you. I doubt you used a quality DI system as they do not leave any spots whatsoever even in direct sunlight though. If you feel like stimulating your mind, visit a detailing forum, you'd be surprised what you learn.

Will do, although I am reserved on calling car detailing mind stimulation. Wasn't trying to ruffle feathers, just tired of new "supposed" better results. I could always learn something new.

Last edited by GENERAL LEE; 06-16-2005 at 05:47 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Jet
No worries, what you do is none of my business just wanted to clarify some points. I spent a lot of time and energy not to mention $$$ perfecting my routine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Deionized wash system