996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Deionized wash system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 11:04 PM
Marcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by BCS996TT
Mr Clean... Thumbs Down.

It might not be as apparent with light colored cars but with black, it seemed to have left a film on the paint which definitely dulled the finish.

Initially I was impressed (little spotting, but much better than without) after using it again... the nice gloss on the paint was completely gone..... there's something funky in that shampoo that breaks down the wax or leaves a film on the car.
I'll second this, on my white QX56 it works awesome. It's a big truck that's hard to dry, with the Mr. Clean system it looks great, and you don't notice the film at all. Same for silver cars, we tried it on one of my friend's Silver Honda Accord, looked spotless.

On my black E55, it leaves a noticeable film. I will not wash my black cars with it again. I am a pretty adimate detailer and always hand wash my cars as well as detail them every 6 months. The Mr. Clean does not match up to a microfiber wash with a waffle weave dry.

I have been meaning to look into a DI system, I have heard from other sources it is a great way to wash a car. Thanks for the tip.

-m

Old 07-03-2005, 11:14 PM
tjmpb is on a distinguished road
If a car is otherwise clean but just covered with pollen and/or dust, can you just rinse it off with deionized water? What about the spots left on the car after it's been parked in the rain and dried on its own? Can those just be rinsed away without actually washing the car first?

If so, that's the clincher for me to get the DI system posted here. The dust/pollen and spots left from 10 minute thunderstorms is the main problem where I live. If I could just rinse them away with the DI system right after coming home for the rest of the day/night, that would be perfect!