996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Figuring out wheel size of unknown rim also can s pacers fix a narrow wheel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 06:05 AM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by s4gotten
wow i'm loving all the response to my question. Let me provide some additional parameters to this argument and Id like to hear a couple more opinions. These are indeed mystery wheels, the only info available being the tire size, which I've provided, and they supposedly fit and were being run on a NB 996 carrera, not oem or factory wheels though. I know spacers dont make the wheel wider but can I safely run these on my WB Turbo? I was possibly going to use these with snow tires actually (funny you should mention) they are being offered for next to nothing, the tires on them are worth way more than the price for 4 rims and tires. Also can anyone guess the wheel width by the tire size? Keep the conversation goin folks. Thanks!
If they fit and were being run on a NB 996, then yes I would think they'd fit your WB 996 if you procure the appropriate spacer. Look up the tire specs on Tire Rack (or tire mfr website) to make sure the revs per mile are close front and rear, assuming you're AWD.

Sounds like the ride and/or grip will be compromised, so IMHO this might be a step backwards from stock wheels. That said, sounds like you realize the shortcomings going in, so hey why not - go for it, guinea pig 'em and let us know how it turns out (with pics of course!).

Old 09-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
The tire mounted on the rim will only give you a rough ballpark on the width of the rim. You would have to look at the tire and see if it was mounted with the sidewalls straight or were they stretched inward or outward. Nobody could tell you the width without actually seeing how the tire fits the rim.