996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Switzer Exhaust Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 06:52 AM
TheSilverFox will become famous soon enough
Switzer Exhaust Installed

After buying a 996tt in early 2012 I finally went through with buying an upgraded exhaust. After spending a fair amount of time looking at different systems, ended choosing the Switzer P500 package - exhaust and a flash. Installed the exhaust (after 1 broken turbo stud, second to last one ) without cats. Not sure how emission testing will work out but I can worry about that later.

After having the exhaust on for about a month on the street and tracking it for a few days at Road America, all I can say is - AWESOME. Has a nice deep sound and most important NO DRONE on the highway. Cruising between 2,500 - 2,900 RPM's it sounds tame. It's definitely louder than stock other than that, but that is what I want. I actually would be happy if was a little louder. Since it's a weekend car, I want to hear some noise like an old school N/A Porsche. It really sounds GT3'ish, a deep throaty note and not wizzy at all. Hearing older Porsche cars at the track made me realize that those N/A beasts are are mean machines and I wanted the turbo to sound similar. It definitely added power, can't quote numbers but when I gas it on the expressway ramp, can feel the difference. Thanks to JCB-Memphis for his clips and recommendation.

Waited until after the track to load the flash and WOW what a difference. The car was pretty fast before, now it's lightning. Really wakes the car up as some have put it. Although I'm sure by next summer I'll need.....

I'm know there are other great exhausts and flashes out there, but hearing the sound of the Switzer crank up on a Saturday morning puts a smile on my face.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:50 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Hi, Cat or Catless?

Old 09-25-2012, 07:54 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TheSilverFox
After buying a 996tt in early 2012 I finally went through with buying an upgraded exhaust. After spending a fair amount of time looking at different systems, ended choosing the Switzer P500 package - exhaust and a flash. Installed the exhaust (after 1 broken turbo stud, second to last one ) without cats. Not sure how emission testing will work out but I can worry about that later.

After having the exhaust on for about a month on the street and tracking it for a few days at Road America, all I can say is - AWESOME. Has a nice deep sound and most important NO DRONE on the highway. Cruising between 2,500 - 2,900 RPM's it sounds tame. It's definitely louder than stock other than that, but that is what I want. I actually would be happy if was a little louder. Since it's a weekend car, I want to hear some noise like an old school N/A Porsche. It really sounds GT3'ish, a deep throaty note and not wizzy at all. Hearing older Porsche cars at the track made me realize that those N/A beasts are are mean machines and I wanted the turbo to sound similar. It definitely added power, can't quote numbers but when I gas it on the expressway ramp, can feel the difference. Thanks to JCB-Memphis for his clips and recommendation.

Waited until after the track to load the flash and WOW what a difference. The car was pretty fast before, now it's lightning. Really wakes the car up as some have put it. Although I'm sure by next summer I'll need.....

I'm know there are other great exhausts and flashes out there, but hearing the sound of the Switzer crank up on a Saturday morning puts a smile on my face.
johnspeed

Old 09-25-2012, 08:04 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Hi, Thanks.
JUST missed it, to early yet for me..

Old 09-25-2012, 09:32 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Glad to hear you're happy. Catless def. the way to go.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:20 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Any pics of the exhaust. I really miss the Switzer unit that was on my old GT2.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:28 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
I love it on mine.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:40 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
On that note...I really like the Switzer piece you left on your GT2. I would never trade it...

Last edited by triblk6spd; 09-25-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:17 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
God that blue is down right sexy!!

Old 09-25-2012, 03:56 PM
No pics. Breaking that turbo stud really slowed me down that day. Was going to do before and after clips of the stock vs. Switzer, but the plan fell apart.

Car isn't here right now, having GT3 shifter installed today.

Will try and upload a video clip when I get it back. Although that might be tough for this dinosaur.

Originally Posted by AtomicZ

Old 09-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Thanks, I'm really like it. Does sound somewhat N/A, but that is tough for a turbo.

Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Glad to hear you're happy. Catless def. the way to go.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
On that note...I really like the Switzer piece you left on your GT2. I would never trade it...

Hey Triblk, you need to hijack this thread with more pics of that car. I believe I sent you a PM asking to see some pics. Is that a wrap??? That color is killer!!!

Old 09-25-2012, 07:19 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TheSilverFox
Hey Triblk, you need to hijack this thread with more pics of that car. I believe I sent you a PM asking to see some pics. Is that a wrap??? That color is killer!!!
OK...NOT trying to hijack but here are 3 I took today while I was waiting on my workout partner to finish mowing his lawn.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:05 PM
gclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond repute
Nice job...

Old 09-26-2012, 07:58 AM
Very nice, Really looks great !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Switzer Exhaust Installed