996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ordered a set of Bilstein pss10's...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 12:51 PM
motts has a spectacular aura aboutmotts has a spectacular aura aboutmotts has a spectacular aura about
Ordered a set of Bilstein pss10's...

From Tire-rack lowest I could find. My current set up is stock shocks and H&R lower springs I dont like it my car is to low and its bone shuddering. So after reading allot of posts on this and other forums decided to go with the bilstein's.
I think and hope I made the right choice.
Few questions that I have:
1. Can I start with just the pss10 and after add on some other components or not if not what are they, I dont want to spend a bunch more money at this point.(wife,kids,shoes, dresses...etc)
2. Best set up for street ocasional driving mostly weekends.
3. I dont want the car very low as close as possible to stock height but with improved handling. Here is a pick of the way the car is now.
4. From everything I read Bilstein's pss10 are compatible with my 2005 turbo s but it does not hurt to ask the experts, it is-right?

I am sure I will come up with some other questions as I get answers.
Thanks to ALL in advance.
Motts.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:31 PM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
Looks good have ur shop put a stage 2 track alignment on and fit a C4S front lip so you wont need to worry about getting caught up on drive ways or speed bumps.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:50 PM
motts has a spectacular aura aboutmotts has a spectacular aura aboutmotts has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for a kind word I had the car next to 997 TT and mine definitely beats the looks of the 997(not lowered) but its not the most comfortable ride...I have the c4s chin. The problem is that there is to much INF out here, but I definitely want PSS10's inn my car.

Old 09-30-2012, 02:10 PM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
I have PSS9's on mine and I love them just a click on each shock if I want to soften the ride not that I ever do Also think about drop links the stock ones bend badly on any fast corners or roundabouts they are a very worth while addition for not much over 500 bucks.

Old 09-30-2012, 02:14 PM
what you want after you fit the pss10's and the drop links is a stage 2 track alignment it will suit your weekend needs perfectly. Excellent turn in and straight line stability with out excessive added tire wear.

Take my advise I guarantee you will be over the moon.

Cheers,
Tim

Old 09-30-2012, 02:45 PM
So far on my list pss10, sway bars Eibach?. you added drop links...Will definitly take your advice on the alignment.
thanks

Old 09-30-2012, 02:58 PM
add front and rear strut braces ties everything together very well for not much out lay