996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

RUF R turbo + Empty Autobahn=

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 01:23 PM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all
Originally posted by Super D
Do you have a special seat to fit your *****?

Old 06-22-2005, 01:44 PM
Banned
allanlambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Great pic!

Old 06-22-2005, 03:42 PM
ChrisRC is on a distinguished road

Damn! That's one outrageous speed. It's a shame I'm left to merely fantasize about autobahn driving, though the photo does help to satisfy my lust.

How about a video one of these days?

Old 06-22-2005, 03:51 PM
MCJ
MCJ will become famous soon enoughMCJ will become famous soon enough
Just saw a show the other night on the Autobahn and how the police are cutting down on speeders by using hidden cameras in highway signs, unmarked parked cars on overpasses and of course patrolling unmarked high performance cars. The cameras snap shots of your mug and your license plate though I'm not sure the cameras are 200+ rated.

Old 06-22-2005, 04:18 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Man, I like your steering wheel, but Ruf needs to get a grip on their pricing. $ 1,700 without delivery for an alcantara steering wheel when Gert's GT3 alcantara is about $ 650. Granted their's includes an airbag, but I can just put my airbag on the Gert's GT3 Porsche alcantara wheel and its nearly 3 times cheaper.

If Ruf would just drop their prices by say 15% percent, I would have spent alot more money with them on my 996 TT. I am just not keeping the 996 long enough to justify their mark-up.

For instance, I opted for the PSS9s instead of their basically same setup for twice the price, I would have puchased their modular wheels if they would have been around the $ 4,500 range given their weight, but $ 5,900 bucks without tires for that weight. Same with their exhuast ($ 6,995) and engine packages ($30k for 550 hp).

Am I the only person who thinks Ruf products are very cool and that Ruf would make a whole lot more money by dropping their prices about 15 percent and selling more of their products.

Old 06-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Crash is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Doug H
Man, I like your steering wheel, but Ruf needs to get a grip on their pricing. $ 1,700 without delivery for an alcantara steering wheel when Gert's GT3 alcantara is about $ 650. Granted their's includes an airbag, but I can just put my airbag on the Gert's GT3 Porsche alcantara wheel and its nearly 3 times cheaper.

If Ruf would just drop their prices by say 15% percent, I would have spent alot more money with them on my 996 TT. I am just not keeping the 996 long enough to justify their mark-up.

For instance, I opted for the PSS9s instead of their basically same setup for twice the price, I would have puchased their modular wheels if they would have been around the $ 4,500 range given their weight, but $ 5,900 bucks without tires for that weight. Same with their exhuast ($ 6,995) and engine packages ($30k for 550 hp).

Am I the only person who thinks Ruf products are very cool and that Ruf would make a whole lot more money by dropping their prices about 15 percent and selling more of their products.
Same as Ferrari - exclusivity.

Old 06-22-2005, 05:01 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Doug H

One could say the same thing about many watch companies, where even some of their watch bands are thousands more than similar ones from another brand. Same for wine, same for clothing, same for lots of things. Every brand has its following. If you're a Ruf customer, the accessories are used to fill out a package around the core powertrain upgrade--or in the case of an original Ruf car build, those are standard equipment on the full car. I think Ruf should always differentiate themselves from all competitors, unless they're equipped to do volume, compete on price and that's their model. Prestige brands are always higher priced, and they find their niche market of consumers. This is not to say that there are not newer tuner equipment brands with good quality also, but at lower prices, it's just a business path one way versus another. Additionally, I'd personally hate to see one of the original old-school Porsche tuners compete on price with newer offerings. My $.01

Old 06-22-2005, 05:05 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
That's great!

Last edited by NAPO; 06-24-2005 at 02:23 AM.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:38 PM
Boobie Stars
jamy85 will become famous soon enough
Pic not working :-(

Old 06-22-2005, 06:00 PM
vtgts300kw will become famous soon enough

i spat water all over my damm screen. everyone in the office wonderd why i was laughing so loud.

Old 06-22-2005, 06:25 PM
Ruf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura about
Very interesting

One could say the same thing about many watch companies, where even some of their watch bands are thousands more than similar ones from another brand. Same for wine, same for clothing, same for lots of things. Every brand has its following. If you're a Ruf customer, the accessories are used to fill out a package around the core powertrain upgrade--or in the case of an original Ruf car build, those are standard equipment on the full car. I think Ruf should always differentiate themselves from all competitors, unless they're equipped to do volume, compete on price and that's their model. Prestige brands are always higher priced, and they find their niche market of consumers. This is not to say that there are not newer tuner equipment brands with good quality also, but at lower prices, it's just a business path one way versus another. Additionally, I'd personally hate to see one of the original old-school Porsche tuners compete on price with newer offerings. My $.01
I drive a 5 year old factory Ruf car and wear an old Rolex I bought in '70. I just gotta think I received good value for either machine!

cheers

R

P.S.
I sure as hell appreciate all the free service Ruf continues to provide.

Old 06-22-2005, 06:31 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !

Definately one of the funniest posts I have ever read!

Old 06-22-2005, 06:42 PM
gt2next is on a distinguished road
who do you think took that picture?

Old 06-22-2005, 07:24 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
I know, I know. I actually have a Ferrari, a home made Ruf, not Ruf serial number, Rolexs, wear Dolce, Amrani, have $ 500 bottles of wine and etc., but still don't see the Ruf prices. I should be their target market, but I ain't buying it.

My Ruf car is garage queen keeper. Maybe if I planned on keeping my daily driver 04 TT cab for more than a year and half, I might be willing to spend the extra few $$$ to go Ruf suspension instead of PSS9s and other stuff.

Ruf would make more money if the lowered their prices and increased their volume. Some of their items are not worth the price. Why are their pedals (which I have bought 3 sets of) so much better the the carnewal pedals that looks exactly the same. What about their seats. I have had the real 90s RS seats, the Ruf seats and the GT3 seats and the 90s RS seats maybe my favorites. Their modular wheels look just like the K58s, but are heavier and $ 2,400 more. I would probably pay $ 4,500 for them, but $ 5,900 at those weights.

Last edited by Doug H; 06-22-2005 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:51 AM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
Our car came with the wheel as standard...I think value for money is in the ruf built cars to be honest.

Doug i think that if you were going for the ruf pss9's and the wheels and steering wheel you should have given hans at the porsche autocenter a call. Im sure they would have set you up with a very good deal.

all the best
adam

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RUF R turbo + Empty Autobahn=