996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Clutch bleeding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 06:35 PM
wheelman21 will become famous soon enoughwheelman21 will become famous soon enough
Clutch bleeding

Hey all, I replaced the slave cylinder in my car a few months ago. For some reason my clutch has never felt the same. When it comes back up it's like there are a two notches. It usually almost always comes back up all the way it's just those two notches. And every once and a while when it's cold it doesn't come the last 10th of the way up, but if i touch it with my foot again it pops up that last little bit. It seems like there is air in it. I bought a motive, and bled it again and it doesn't look like there are any bubbles coming out. Any suggestions? Should I bleed it more?

Old 10-19-2012, 05:55 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
I had the problem of the pedal not coming back up completely and I had to bleed about three times to fix it. Strange because I did not see any air coming out on the last bleeding but it fix my problem...Between bleeding I depress the pedal several times and force it up when it refuse to come back up completely to try to get as much fluid to move as possible and may be get the air out completely of the slave. I did all this with the tank pressurized over 10 pounds...

Old 10-19-2012, 06:55 AM
Banned
mmm635 will become famous soon enoughmmm635 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by wheelman21
Hey all, I replaced the slave cylinder in my car a few months ago. For some reason my clutch has never felt the same. When it comes back up it's like there are a two notches. It usually almost always comes back up all the way it's just those two notches. And every once and a while when it's cold it doesn't come the last 10th of the way up, but if i touch it with my foot again it pops up that last little bit. It seems like there is air in it. I bought a motive, and bled it again and it doesn't look like there are any bubbles coming out. Any suggestions? Should I bleed it more?
I bled my clutch three times for at least 5 minutes each time. Probably used a total of a quart and a half and it got the job done. Set your power bleeder to 20 psi- do not exceed 2 bar (29psi).

Old 10-19-2012, 07:40 AM
wheelman21 will become famous soon enoughwheelman21 will become famous soon enough
I got an extra quart of fluid last night. Ill put her back on the lift tonight and see if I can get it fixed! I was all worried because I pumped the bleeder past 10lbs last time. Glad I'm not the only one!

Old 10-19-2012, 07:07 PM
LQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond repute
Best way to bleed these cars is to pressurize/blow the fluid through. I have had easily 25psi, before i was successful.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:09 PM
NTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond repute
Hi I just changed my slave and bled the clutch fluid. Everything feels great except I feel a slight click in the clutch pedal about 1" from the top when releasing the clutch pedal in whatever gear. Basically like a notch as you described in your post. The clutch always comes up to the very top, I just have that "click" feeling in the pedal right before the very top. Did bleeding your system again help your issue?

Thanks,
J

Last edited by NTIMD8; 11-16-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:02 AM
TurboKC will become famous soon enoughTurboKC will become famous soon enough
997TT - notchy clutch pedal

Hi
Bringing up an old thread.

I am having the same problem on my 997 Turbo after a slave cylinder change.

Notchy feeling at the top end, have pressure bled the system a few times. Installed a new steering pump and reservoir.

Clutch feel is great with no gear change issues.

Did anyone sort this please?...

Last edited by TurboKC; 09-17-2016 at 10:33 AM.