996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Compliments on these cars come in the funniest places

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 03:48 PM
996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute
I was in San Francisco a few years ago at the wharf. A homeless guy was holding a sign that read "Why lie I need a beer".

Usually I ask if they would like a sandwich, burger, or something else to eat to help them out, instead of money.

Last edited by 996TWINS; 01-28-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:58 PM
MBH
MBH has a spectacular aura aboutMBH has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by johnspeed
It is a tuff situation if you have a good heart and you do want to help..
But as we all know, its always the few that screw things up for the rest..
Yep - When I see somebody asking for money I feel bad don't get me wrong, but the reality is that there are a lot of alcoholics/addicts that need help not $$$ to fuel their addictions, which leave them worse off than if you were to do nothing. Some of them get pissed if you give them food instead of money, so I stopped doing that too. And then there are the "homeless" - one guy had his Yamaha R6 raven tucked off behind a merge point where he was begging... made me want to get out of the car and kick it over and knock his teeth out. ****ing *******!! I've volunteered and donated over the years, so it's not a lack of compassion for the underprivileged but I've seen so many people abusing gubb'ment hand outs on a regular basis that I've gotten really sick and tired of it all. I also seen plenty of people that are using it the way it's intended to be, so it's not all bad. Just some bad people out there that ruin it for the rest of us. 300+ million people in this country, there are bound to be plenty of screw ups

so anyways, yeah, these car get compliments!

Old 01-29-2013, 09:59 AM
rangerdick has a spectacular aura aboutrangerdick has a spectacular aura aboutrangerdick has a spectacular aura about
A few years ago a guy had a "Will work for food" sign in front of a Taco Bell. I was going in for lunch. I asked him if he was willing to pick up the food wrappers and stuff on the ground and I would buy him lunch. Told me to F*&K off. Guess he wasn't that hungry. Maybe he wasn't trained for that type of work?

Old 01-29-2013, 11:45 AM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
I used to be homeless. Then Obama got elected and now I have a Porsche that get's all kinds of complements from the ladies.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:08 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmy996
Ha.. I had two Betty white looking old ladies at a light tell me "that's a beautiful Porsche " lol I was dumb founded..

Couple of hotties lookin for a younger guy...

Old 01-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I had a situation a few years back where some kids with a dog were looking for money to feed the dog. I went into the store they were in front of, bought a bag of dog food and took it to them. As I gave it to them I opened the bag so they couldn't return it to the store for the cash. Store manager said they had been doing that. The kids weren't too happy with me.

John in Vancouver

Old 01-29-2013, 01:33 PM
KCC
KCC will become famous soon enough
I was in Times Square last month. Saw a young pretty well dressed girl holding a sign "Need Money for Pot". Pretty honest.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:01 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HIX
I used to be homeless. Then Obama got elected and now I have a Porsche that get's all kinds of complements from the ladies.
Do you 'live' in a mansion in Boca Raton that doesn't belong to you?

Old 01-29-2013, 02:30 PM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
That's me. I've been 'squating'.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:42 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
You always know a thread has run it's course when takes a turn like this one

Homeless advocates will tell you not to give money to people like the ones described here because every minute spent on a street corner is one not spent on bettering their situation.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:47 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BOOSTD
That kinda ish ruins it for the people actually in need. I stopped giving anything to panhandlers ever since I gave a guy a couple of bucks for coffee and he got a 40 instead. I hate being lied to or cheated.
Admit it Patrick - you're mad that he bought a 40 ounce with your money when you were going to do the same later.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:56 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HIX
That's me. I've been 'squating'.
I knew it!

Nice place.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:56 AM
Originally Posted by deckman
You always know a thread has run it's course when takes a turn like this one

Homeless advocates will tell you not to give money to people like the ones described here because every minute spent on a street corner is one not spent on bettering their situation.
Don't feed the foul.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:43 AM
HIX
Back to the actual topic:

I actually don't get a lot of attention in my car. I think Porsche's in general unless they are in a bright color don't get noticed much. And I even live in an area where you don't see nice cars very often.

(Of course I only drive twice a week and that's usually to Publix so maybe I just need to get out more.)

Old 01-30-2013, 09:02 AM
n360rb is a jewel in the roughn360rb is a jewel in the roughn360rb is a jewel in the roughn360rb is a jewel in the rough
Guy in Baton Rouge at a intersection.....Had a sign that said " Parents abducted by Aliens, Need money for kryptonite"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Compliments on these cars come in the funniest places