6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2-2/)
-   -   Best place to buy Champion wheels? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/300397-best-place-buy-champion-wheels.html)

HIX 02-16-2013 01:48 PM

Best place to buy Champion wheels?

I have my eyes on a set of RS98's or RS171's (And whoever just beat me in the auction on Ebay..........you suck).

So trying to find the best place to buy these. Anyone have any leads? They can be used or new.

Engine Guy 02-16-2013 02:41 PM

Call Tom at Champion see if they are willing to deal. They usually are.

JSBear 02-16-2013 03:28 PM

Interesting ...

My experience with Champion was the opposite.

Originally Posted by Engine Guy (Post 3770795)

HIX 02-16-2013 03:37 PM

Hmm, who to believe?? So far I have a quote for about 4500. Which is $2k more than what I could have won the eBay auction for. If anyone in the future sees an auction for $2500 buy it now.......do NOT bid 2200 to see if you can get them cheaper. Ask me how I know. Aarrghhh

Engine Guy 02-16-2013 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by JSBear (Post 3770822)

Yeah not my experience at all. I was totally fussy about what I was getting and beat them for a price and Tom ended up comping me a hundred bucks in extras just to make sure my order worked out.

Now I will say they were very slow with getting me what I wanted and getting back to me but I was not in a rush so it did not inconvenience me.

SamboTT@ByDesign 02-17-2013 11:08 AM

Tom is a good guy. Sorry to hear about your ebay jacking Ben. Happened to me so many times.

Call me i'll see if I can help.

GMP Performance 02-18-2013 08:05 AM

We can offer you a good deal with great buying experience... I promise we don't bite :)

HIX 02-18-2013 10:28 AM

GMP, sent you a PM.

GMP Performance 02-18-2013 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by HIX (Post 3772197)
GMP, sent you a PM.

Thank you very much. Going to check it out now.

cybersam69 02-18-2013 11:07 AM

Buy mine?

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...?highlight=pes

Tom@Champion 02-18-2013 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by JSBear (Post 3770822)

Originally Posted by Engine Guy (Post 3770795)

Thanks Engine Guy. Your case was a bit unique since we put together some "custom" parts for you ;)

JSBear...there's a reason we try not to discount directly to end users. Along with selling our wheels and parts directly to the public, we also really on a really large global network of Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and other auto dealerships, as well as TONS of tuner shops and companies all over the world to help us reach their markets.

Now obviously we can "afford" to give great deals. But if we do that, we're essentially competing against the same network of dealers that we rely on to sell our stuff. If I underbid my dealers there would be no incentive for them to sell our parts anymore. So we stick to this policy out of fairness to them. We support our dealers, they support us. :)

So far HIX has reached out to several of our dealers, some of whom have quoted him discounts as high as 15% on a brand new set of the wheels. I'd say that's pretty fair.

HIX 02-18-2013 01:07 PM

Still holding out to come across a used set, but I don't know if that's going to happen in the timeframe that I need them by.

GMP Performance 02-18-2013 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by HIX (Post 3772335)
Still holding out to come across a used set, but I don't know if that's going to happen in the timeframe that I need them by.

Chances are very slim. Its not a very popular wheel brand and not because they are not a quality wheel but there are just so many wheels to choose from these days.

JSBear 02-18-2013 01:16 PM

In my experience, I was attempting to purchase non

Champion branded parts, as you sell many other parts. Just wanted to clarify. Not a big deal any way.

Originally Posted by Tom@Champion (Post 3772271)
Thanks Engine Guy. Your case was a bit unique since we put together some "custom" parts for you ;)

JSBear...there's a reason we try not to discount directly to end users. Along with selling our wheels and parts directly to the public, we also really on a really large global network of Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and other auto dealerships, as well as TONS of tuner shops and companies all over the world to help us reach their markets.

Now obviously we can "afford" to give great deals. But if we do that, we're essentially competing against the same network of dealers that we rely on to sell our stuff. If I underbid my dealers there would be no incentive for them to sell our parts anymore. So we stick to this policy out of fairness to them. We support our dealers, they support us. :)

So far HIX has reached out to several of our dealers, some of whom have quoted him discounts as high as 15% on a brand new set of the wheels. I'd say that's pretty fair.

Tom@Champion 02-18-2013 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by JSBear (Post 3772343)
Champion branded parts, as you sell many other parts. Just wanted to clarify. Not a big deal any way.

I was speaking more specifically about Champion or Werks1 branded parts and Tubi exhaust systems.

We do sell other brands, but in those cases, we're usually working on a much smaller margin since we're just a "dealer" in those cases.