996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best place to buy Champion wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 01:48 PM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
Best place to buy Champion wheels?

I have my eyes on a set of RS98's or RS171's (And whoever just beat me in the auction on Ebay..........you suck).

So trying to find the best place to buy these. Anyone have any leads? They can be used or new.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
Call Tom at Champion see if they are willing to deal. They usually are.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:28 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting ...

My experience with Champion was the opposite.

Originally Posted by Engine Guy

Old 02-16-2013, 03:37 PM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
Hmm, who to believe?? So far I have a quote for about 4500. Which is $2k more than what I could have won the eBay auction for. If anyone in the future sees an auction for $2500 buy it now.......do NOT bid 2200 to see if you can get them cheaper. Ask me how I know. Aarrghhh

Old 02-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JSBear
Yeah not my experience at all. I was totally fussy about what I was getting and beat them for a price and Tom ended up comping me a hundred bucks in extras just to make sure my order worked out.

Now I will say they were very slow with getting me what I wanted and getting back to me but I was not in a rush so it did not inconvenience me.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Tom is a good guy. Sorry to hear about your ebay jacking Ben. Happened to me so many times.

Call me i'll see if I can help.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:05 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
We can offer you a good deal with great buying experience... I promise we don't bite

Old 02-18-2013, 10:28 AM
HIX
GMP, sent you a PM.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:38 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HIX
GMP, sent you a PM.

Thank you very much. Going to check it out now.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:07 AM
cybersam69 will become famous soon enoughcybersam69 will become famous soon enough
Old 02-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Engine Guy
Thanks Engine Guy. Your case was a bit unique since we put together some "custom" parts for you

JSBear...there's a reason we try not to discount directly to end users. Along with selling our wheels and parts directly to the public, we also really on a really large global network of Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and other auto dealerships, as well as TONS of tuner shops and companies all over the world to help us reach their markets.

Now obviously we can "afford" to give great deals. But if we do that, we're essentially competing against the same network of dealers that we rely on to sell our stuff. If I underbid my dealers there would be no incentive for them to sell our parts anymore. So we stick to this policy out of fairness to them. We support our dealers, they support us.

So far HIX has reached out to several of our dealers, some of whom have quoted him discounts as high as 15% on a brand new set of the wheels. I'd say that's pretty fair.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:07 PM
HIX
Still holding out to come across a used set, but I don't know if that's going to happen in the timeframe that I need them by.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by HIX
Still holding out to come across a used set, but I don't know if that's going to happen in the timeframe that I need them by.

Chances are very slim. Its not a very popular wheel brand and not because they are not a quality wheel but there are just so many wheels to choose from these days.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:16 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
In my experience, I was attempting to purchase non

Champion branded parts, as you sell many other parts. Just wanted to clarify. Not a big deal any way.

Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Thanks Engine Guy. Your case was a bit unique since we put together some "custom" parts for you

JSBear...there's a reason we try not to discount directly to end users. Along with selling our wheels and parts directly to the public, we also really on a really large global network of Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and other auto dealerships, as well as TONS of tuner shops and companies all over the world to help us reach their markets.

Now obviously we can "afford" to give great deals. But if we do that, we're essentially competing against the same network of dealers that we rely on to sell our stuff. If I underbid my dealers there would be no incentive for them to sell our parts anymore. So we stick to this policy out of fairness to them. We support our dealers, they support us.

So far HIX has reached out to several of our dealers, some of whom have quoted him discounts as high as 15% on a brand new set of the wheels. I'd say that's pretty fair.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:21 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Champion branded parts, as you sell many other parts. Just wanted to clarify. Not a big deal any way.
I was speaking more specifically about Champion or Werks1 branded parts and Tubi exhaust systems.

We do sell other brands, but in those cases, we're usually working on a much smaller margin since we're just a "dealer" in those cases.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best place to buy Champion wheels?