996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Inlet piping vs MAFLESS set up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Inlet piping vs MAFLESS set up

When people start making more power 550+RWHP, many have agreed that these inlet pipes degrease spool up and add power.

With the cost of inlet pipe kits around $1000 and install about the same (I understand that most will not do this as a stand alone item, but I am looking to), would it not make sense to put that money to a MAFLESS set up ie http://www.911tuning.com/996-Turbo/I...nsor-p-77.html

If going to a larger inlet piping does give degrease in spool and added power then wouldn't getting rid of it almost all together be more beneficial?

Also, it would be for a very small premium and one that you can grow with if you decide to make BIG power?

If the inlet piping cost $800 and installation was easy as you can do it your self like adding an intake easy, then yes it makes sense! You get an increase in performance for a little investment. This is not the case with our inlet being you have to take the motor out which is big $$$! Unless you do the bendable ones, but even that to do it properly you must remove the motor if you don't want to hack up the stock piping.

Even if I had to pay for a tune, I know EPL would charge me very minimal based on the work I have done with him and my experience with them.

Am I missing something or a huge cost going the other route with MAFLESS?

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 05-12-2013, 07:50 AM
Giorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond repute
I have HTA3076 with mafless setup-tune by Protomotive.The car runs perfect!!

I desided to take this way because I did not want to drop the motor only for the inlet pipes.Also the mafless setup is better for high power cars!

Last edited by Giorgos Cayman; 05-12-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:44 AM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Giorgos Cayman
I have HTA3076 with mafless setup-tune by Protomotive.The car runs perfect!!

I desided to take this way because I did not want to drop the motor only for the inlet pipes.Also the mafless setup is better for high power cars!
Is it still smooth no matter the throttle position?

Old 05-12-2013, 09:49 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
thats not a maffless set up , its a blow through set using the ford maf.. i think what you mean to say is fender well intakes vs inlet pipes?

Old 05-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Giorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sinKing
Is it still smooth no matter the throttle position?
Yes...maybe even better than OEM!

No Ford MAF in my car...totally mafless