996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

1 bar wastegates...VENT!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 12:13 AM
stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !
1 bar wastegates...VENT!!!

Son of a... I spent this evening putting on my 1bar WGs...which I was very excited to do. Figured it would be easy. Meant to do it this weekend, but ended up not having/finding a vacuum pump. So I overnighted a mityvac to myself... brings me to today.

Everything went rather smoothly...come tight spaces, but extensions did the trick. Got the synced perfectly with the hand pump.

Then all I had to do was... put the vacuum lines on the new ones. Struggle for a while, then a while more, then realized...my WGs left out the brass barbs and silicone hose!!! ARGH!!

So I had to call it a night. Gonna run to the hardware store and pick up some barbs (I have some hose) Car is still in the air and I have to drive the mini cooper to work tomorrow.

WAH WAH.

Just feel bad for me ok? No one at my house does because they are all asleep.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Jut saw. My bad! Drinks on me. I will send you a note. I will need to hire a QC Elf for these things.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:13 AM
TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stilov
Son of a... I spent this evening putting on my 1bar WGs...which I was very excited to do. Figured it would be easy. Meant to do it this weekend, but ended up not having/finding a vacuum pump. So I overnighted a mityvac to myself... brings me to today.

Everything went rather smoothly...come tight spaces, but extensions did the trick. Got the synced perfectly with the hand pump.

Then all I had to do was... put the vacuum lines on the new ones. Struggle for a while, then a while more, then realized...my WGs left out the brass barbs and silicone hose!!! ARGH!!

So I had to call it a night. Gonna run to the hardware store and pick up some barbs (I have some hose) Car is still in the air and I have to drive the mini cooper to work tomorrow.

WAH WAH.

Just feel bad for me ok? No one at my house does because they are all asleep.
I just installed a pair on my car. They wouldn't happen to be AMS brand would they? AMS left out my silicon hose, and only gave me some plastic hose fittings. Hopefully it will hold fine. I went to O'rileys and got some bigger vaccum hose and used that.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:40 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
Don't you set those to crack open at like 12.6 psi pressure. I can't find my email from tony when I put mine on.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Banned
996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute
Just set them 2mm from the end thats all you need.

Last edited by 996tt550hp; 06-13-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:28 AM
winnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond repute
set it to open at around 12psi and look if the gates open at the same time on both side

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.