996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Orange County CA Porsche Shops?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Turkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond repute
Orange County CA Porsche Shops? Also who does the best alignments?

Hey guys,

Can you give me an idea of the different shops in OC for my 996tt?

Maybe some strengths and weaknesses of the shops?

Thank you!!

Last edited by Turkish; 12-06-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:10 PM
uschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant future
Turk,
Give BBI a call. They are great guys and can do anything you can imagine. Their craftsmanship is top notch. And they back their work, which I can attest to. Talk to Betim or Joey.
Good luck.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:12 PM
scsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to behold
Cape Auto in Mission Viejo, smaller shop where they are cool with you hanging out and learning.

The BBI guys are cool too, I just feel more at home at Cape.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:13 PM
Another P has a spectacular aura aboutAnother P has a spectacular aura about
Hey,
Doesn't Ron's brother own the race shop there in the OC? Did you ask or consider him? I think they specialize in P cars.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:08 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Vision Motorsports in Laguna Hills is a good shop, very knowledgeable, and have been fair with me.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Kato58 is on a distinguished road
GMG is a very experienced and reasonably priced shop in Santa Ana.
Speak to Fabrice or Allen they can offer you all levels of power and suspension work.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:19 PM
996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute
HRG in Lake Forest.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:09 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Turkish
Hey guys,

Can you give me an idea of the different shops in OC for my 996tt?

Maybe some strengths and weaknesses of the shops?

Thank you!!
Depends on what you want done...maintenance? PPIs? mods?

Old 10-28-2013, 03:35 PM
oldspool is a jewel in the rougholdspool is a jewel in the rougholdspool is a jewel in the rougholdspool is a jewel in the rough
Haydon Brothers in Yorba Linda/Placentia are great to work with also.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Turkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for the suggestions guys!

I'd be looking for basic service at first (brakes, oil etc.).

Anyone of these guys an EPL tuner? Might have to get a tune for 91 craptane and add some ICs shortly as well.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:21 PM
XwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud of
i was turned away at a few big name shops when i needed my car diagnosed for a CEL cause mainly due to the fact that they focus more on the fabrication/modding side

i ended up calling Vision motorsports (located right near the 405/5 split) and they were amazing to deal with. had me in and out in a day with an o2 sensor replacement as well as an overall assessment of my cars condition and what may need attention in the future.

so my vote def goes to the guys at vision motorsport.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by XwalkerX
i was turned away at a few big name shops when i needed my car diagnosed for a CEL cause mainly due to the fact that they focus more on the fabrication/modding side

i ended up calling Vision motorsports (located right near the 405/5 split) and they were amazing to deal with. had me in and out in a day with an o2 sensor replacement as well as an overall assessment of my cars condition and what may need attention in the future.

so my vote def goes to the guys at vision motorsport.
This is what I want to avoid. Thank you for the insight.

I understand some shops are more into modding/racing etc.

Im looking for the place that does maintenance and can slap on some ICs if necessary.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Heres another question..

Whos the best alignment shop?

I have coilevers and am looking at getting
245/40/18 front and 315-30-18 rear PS2s aligned nice and tight.

Thanks!!

Old 12-06-2013, 03:16 PM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
I am a former racer from No Cal. Up here I use [and like] Roger Kraus, but when I can I have done most of my Porsche work with Steve Alarcon at Johnson's Alignment in Torrence. Always the best. My P-car tech brother has used them for decades.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:59 PM
PAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Turkish
Heres another question..

Whos the best alignment shop?

I have coilevers and am looking at getting
245/40/18 front and 315-30-18 rear PS2s aligned nice and tight.

Thanks!!
BBI, no question.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Orange County CA Porsche Shops?