6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2-2/)
-   -   SamboTT is the man (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/338846-sambott-man.html)

abe_911 10-17-2014 12:11 PM

Just want to say thank you Sam..
Your a solid dude and thanks for the killer deal on my ipd plenum... Guys here in Toronto were asking almost double ..
Greatly appreciated.

'02996ttx50 10-17-2014 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by abe_911 (Post 4217610)
Just want to say thank you Sam..
Your a solid dude and thanks for the killer deal on my ipd plenum... Guys here in Toronto were asking almost double ..
Greatly appreciated.

nice mod. you'll feel it ...and like it :)

levinsje 10-22-2014 05:59 AM

Last night I finished installing my Kline X-pipe exhaust with 100 cell cats and took it for a test drive. In short the exhaust is awesome!! At normal driving it is much quieter than the Agency Power exhaust it replaced. Step on the gas and it has an amazing sound that reminds me of the Italian exotics.
I will give a more detailed review on the Kline post.

After several emails going over my mods, Sam recommended I use the 100 cell cats instead of the 200 cell and he was completely right. The 100 cell is perfect and quiet enough during normal driving that I can make phone calls and hear my stereo.
Thanks Sam! You are the man.

'02996ttx50 10-22-2014 06:03 AM

^ ugh.... concerned the decat is in my future! lol... argghhh !

isn't that the sweetest sound!? nicely done, congrats on the choice.

levinsje 10-22-2014 06:28 AM

The sound under acceleration is totally intoxicating and gives me a grin from ear to ear.

SamboTT@ByDesign 11-03-2014 12:09 PM

We love to hear that! The best part is when you are cruising you can be drone free. Or talk on the phone or your passenger without getting frustrated.

'02996ttx50 11-03-2014 01:45 PM

^ had an impromptu run up a 5 mile hill often at WOT with a 997T i picked up along she way so the guy heard mine LOUD for a good 10 mins. top of the hill first thing the guy asked was what exhaust i had as it sounded so good! and i only have the 200cel catted kline. his was a cargraphic and the kline sounds just as good ( imo of course ).

i know i've said it 1000x but it's a great sounding/perfoming exhaust and i now want the decat pipes :) sam it's a good thing that you do!

SamboTT@ByDesign 11-03-2014 02:01 PM

All you have to do is call. You know I'll get you and you can have options with both.

'02996ttx50 11-03-2014 02:09 PM

you know i will. btw. if i haven't thanked you on scoring the ipd plenum..great price too.

thx again. you da man.

lakinit 11-03-2014 04:21 PM

I got my decat version installed this weekend provided by Sam. Great product and service. The biggest change I've noticed in my 996 TT has been reduced gas milage. Well, that could have something to do with the right foot. Really, great sound and not too loud when cruising.

abe_911 11-03-2014 06:42 PM

Some vendors expect to get rich of one customer..
Thanks to Sam I just got me a sweet deal on some Tial alpha 3076R... I will only buy from him "PERIOD" and would recommend him once agin to anyone... Especially the guys up here in Canada.
😊

awdbiturbo1 11-03-2014 08:24 PM

i also agree, he went out of his way to help me with alignment specs over PM. I have never bought anything from him, he was still very interested in helping me. we need more people like tis in this world.

heavychevy 11-04-2014 05:17 AM

This forum is very fortunate to have real enthusiasts as the primary go to guys now. Guys like Sam who you can really trust and dealing with them is like dealing with a trustworthy forum member vs selling you the biggest package they can. Guys that are more concerned with doing the right thing and getting you the right package than making as much money as possible off of you. And that have actually been through the same things that we go through with our cars. That is refreshing to have. And dealing with guys like Sam, Mark and Tim who are avid 996 TT enthusiasts and are still pushing the envelope with our platform as we speak. And they get along at that!!!!

I'm a member of a lot of forums and have been for a while, and I don't think I've seen anything like it. I've also dealt with a lot of tuners/buiders/shops as well, and been burned badly. If you do your homework here, it's almost hard to go wrong. It's especially good for guys like me who don't have a real local TT tuner in the area to have guys you can call on to lead you in the right direction.

This place had started to get whored out a few years back and was almost worthless (IMO), but glad to see the community feel prevail after all.

levinsje 12-15-2014 04:34 PM

Hi Sam,
I just wanted to let you know I had the Sachs 2.5 clutch kit, injectors and updated tune from Markski, IPD plenum, etc finished today.
The clutch feels great with a much better engagement feel.
It holds 1.3 bar fine at WOT and the 996TT pulls like a freight train.
Once I get some seat time I will give a detailed review.

Thanks again for your help,
Jim

brockster 12-15-2014 05:37 PM

+1 on that!

Finalspeed 12-15-2014 07:16 PM

Sams a stand up guy! Talked to him on the phone for awhile about my brakes. He even steered me in a different direction from what he supplies because he felt it would fit my needs better. Not many like him.
Thanks man!

iglambo 12-16-2014 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by gfgdfsg (Post 4255646)
Thumps UP for SAM , one of the best around.

I agree, my experience with Sam is outstanding.. Amazing professional and amazing person.

SamboTT@ByDesign 12-18-2014 12:23 PM

Thanks guys.

Happy Holidays!

Zuluracerx 12-18-2014 01:48 PM

I love the way my street Turbo sounds now Sam! It's perfect!

SamboTT@ByDesign 12-18-2014 03:16 PM

It's billet/flames time John...

Zuluracerx 12-18-2014 03:37 PM

Haha you know it's coming! I had to buy those black BBS F1 wheels first, then my new seats, then mo powa!

CTDan 12-23-2014 07:59 PM

This thread and others like it encouraged me to do my first mod with Sam... I ordered a Kline exhaust from him yesterday and I'm talking about a tune with him currently...

Thanks Sam... I haven't even received my exhaust and I'm already a satisfied customer.

abe_911 01-02-2015 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by danhaug70 (Post 4260597)
This thread and others like it encouraged me to do my first mod with Sam... I ordered a Kline exhaust from him yesterday and I'm talking about a tune with him currently... Thanks Sam... I haven't even received my exhaust and I'm already a satisfied customer.

+111111

Abe Berro

brockster 01-02-2015 10:45 PM

Danhaug, Sam did my flash - best money I've ever spent! Go for it!

steve.rinaldi 01-03-2015 08:59 PM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...0e8cd5d3fc.jpg

Got my exhaust and tune from Sam.

Joe911tt 01-07-2015 06:47 PM

I have only been a member for a few hours, but I have done a lot of reading before and I personally wanted to post here on this thread that I have been going crazy trying to figure out what mods to do on my 911 turbo to get some more power out of it, but it was turning out to be not so easy because I called a lot of different places and I didn't fell satisfied with the honesty of people out there so I finall found Samtt on eBay and give him a call and let me tell you guys this man is THE MAN not only he knows is stuff but he is a gentleman and toke hes time to explain everything to me and he had by far the best prices, some people are just crazy the way they ask for money for some of this mods. I would like to thank him very much on the time he give and for the smooth transaction in my purchase, now once I get everything and I install it I'll past the results. Thanks to all for a great forum.