996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

OMG, so much hate is in the air:)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 10:28 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
vid e oh, vid e oh! bring it, confirm all our suspicions.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:38 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
What kind of cam do you have? And how do you store all the video?? Those files have to be huge!!

Old 06-09-2014, 10:44 PM
996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute
A friend of mine years ago brought his Cuda to a shop for a paint a job with full tank of gas and a brand new set of tires.

A week or so later when he picked up the car he noticed all the tire burnout marks around the shop's area and the "E" on the fuel gauge.

Yeah, that paint job was a freebie.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:54 PM
Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mish_Mish
I called the manager and was politely blown off, your say people?
As Wealth Manager said, you already know the answer. But this type of knee-jerk implication that you should release the hounds is grounded in nothing but a desire to foment the angry mob.

You probably DO already know the answer - but you're the only one who does. So you have to go with your gut here, as you alone know all the details and benefit from the vibe of the experience itself - both at the shop and on the phone. And you are the sole arbiter of whether their actions, collectively, warrant mass exposure and the consequent downstream ramifications. Was there genuine malice? Was there willful negligence and intent to damage your car? Shop hands are not renowned for their bedside manner, and tools make lots of noise underneath a car...

Call me soft touch all you want. But I understand the the calls for blood here, being "familiar," shall we say?, with settling scores... though I generally prefer keeping my business in that regard out of public view. The internet doesn't ever let bygones be bygones.

Perhaps if the shop owner saw the video, he'd have a sudden change of heart. Assuming you wish to take the step, you could always post the video with your vivid commentary on YT as private and share the link with him and him ALONE (resist the temptation to feed the frenzy here in the meantime), and ask him if he is comfortable with the image that instills. Stay classy and couch all of this in a non-threatening and sincere-as-possible way of giving him an opportunity to improve his business and earn yours. You have to be open to them making you happy. Otherwise it'll just reek of blackmail.

-V

Old 06-10-2014, 05:50 AM
Mish_Mish has much to be proud ofMish_Mish has much to be proud ofMish_Mish has much to be proud ofMish_Mish has much to be proud ofMish_Mish has much to be proud ofMish_Mish has much to be proud ofMish_Mish has much to be proud ofMish_Mish has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Vendetta
As Wealth Manager said, you already know the answer. But this type of knee-jerk implication that you should release the hounds is grounded in nothing but a desire to foment the angry mob.

You probably DO already know the answer - but you're the only one who does. So you have to go with your gut here, as you alone know all the details and benefit from the vibe of the experience itself - both at the shop and on the phone. And you are the sole arbiter of whether their actions, collectively, warrant mass exposure and the consequent downstream ramifications. Was there genuine malice? Was there willful negligence and intent to damage your car? Shop hands are not renowned for their bedside manner, and tools make lots of noise underneath a car...

Call me soft touch all you want. But I understand the the calls for blood here, being "familiar," shall we say?, with settling scores... though I generally prefer keeping my business in that regard out of public view. The internet doesn't ever let bygones be bygones.

Perhaps if the shop owner saw the video, he'd have a sudden change of heart. Assuming you wish to take the step, you could always post the video with your vivid commentary on YT as private and share the link with him and him ALONE (resist the temptation to feed the frenzy here in the meantime), and ask him if he is comfortable with the image that instills. Stay classy and couch all of this in a non-threatening and sincere-as-possible way of giving him an opportunity to improve his business and earn yours. You have to be open to them making you happy. Otherwise it'll just reek of blackmail.

-V
You are very soft, for someone nicknamed Vendetta
I will post a quick snippet later on today, with no mentioning of the shop, in a unlisted youtube video.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:04 AM
rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !
I would forget it and go to another shop. I'm sure someone can suggest a reputable shop in your area and ask for before and after readouts if your concerned about accuracy. Its not worth the time to make a point with a shop that you will more then likely never patronize again.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:04 AM
Quadcammer is on a distinguished road
Ohio is a 1 party consent state. have at it.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:06 AM
Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !
Don't mistake kindness (more like professional courtesy) with weakness. I'm a business owner, and if this were my shop and you came to me with this opportunity to fix two problems at once? Three things would happen. I'd be grateful, you'd be happy, and the culprits would be... "handled."

-V

Old 06-10-2014, 07:14 AM
Mish_Mish has much to be proud ofMish_Mish has much to be proud ofMish_Mish has much to be proud ofMish_Mish has much to be proud ofMish_Mish has much to be proud ofMish_Mish has much to be proud ofMish_Mish has much to be proud ofMish_Mish has much to be proud of
Don't mistake kindness (more like professional courtesy) with weakness. I'm a business owner, and if this were my shop and you came to me with this opportunity to fix two problems at once? Three things would happen. I'd be grateful, you'd be happy, and the culprits would be... "handled."

-V
I employ 10 times more people then these clowns and I approached manager as fellow business operator, however in return I received a gentle blow off, kinda like stock diverter valve
I would not mind these rednecks cursing my car out, this is freedom of speech, but doing half *** job and then telling me that the car is old and this is all they could produce (without opening the hood) is not gonna fly.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:46 AM
jwp98 is on a distinguished road
Isn't there a rule in business
"Never do anything just for revenge"?
Of course this isn't business, on either side apparently, this is common and the price of admission to drive nice cars.
In days past I'd view this as an opportunity to show my tolerance and build a long term relationship with a mechanic/ sales manager/ dealership owner / network / brand. Unfortunately that won't work, whether you own 1 car or 20. But, it's the high road, and it's nice to think about.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:26 AM
rxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond repute
I beg to differ, despite my handle. Before nuking a shops reputation and putting people's livelihoods at risk over what might have been an isolated incident, I suggest you contact the shop owner or foreman discreetly and let him know about the situation and give him a chance to address it with his workers. You never know what dividends this simple act of decency could pay.

Consider it a bonus that you still have the option to go scorched earth on their asses.

-V
^^^+100 Talk to shop owner directly or manager. Sometimes a bad apple needed validation on the HR side. I witnessed an incidence recently while getting my commuter car balance/rotated. Decided to sit outside near the bay and enjoy the sunshine when the mechanic's friend dropped by to vent to him and every third word in his rant was F**K and its conjugated versions. The problem was he was not respective of his friend's work environment and need to use an inside voice while in a large service area that echoes quite a bit.
I kindly told the young man about choosing the conversation he engages in while at work and he was very appreciative and apologetic for his friend's behavior.
Sometimes people need a little reminder of the results of their actions and be accountable

Old 06-10-2014, 11:53 AM
rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !
I had my taillights damaged at a dealer while having it serviced and while I did eventually get them replaced with new I will never go back. I do not see the point for any of the video to be seen etc just move on and if you want to warn off people here just mention the shops name. Once something like this happens there is never a good feeling on either side and its best to move on.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:17 PM
R390Sports1 will become famous soon enough

-V
You're an awesome dude.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:21 PM
This is chain, they have ~15 shops, so talking to local assistant - manger is like farting in the wind.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:12 PM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
Awesome

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OMG, so much hate is in the air:)