996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I need an early spot on a Ford GT!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 02:46 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I need an early spot on a Ford GT!

Dang,

Road and Track did an article on the Ford GT and I have to have one now! That thing is awesome! Now I just have to get an early deposit on one and figure out how I can afford to add it to my stabel. I am not selling my tt to get it, just want to add it to the stable!

Anyone know of GT's available? When will they start being delivered?

Thanks!

Old 11-16-2003, 03:02 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
good luck getting one anytime soon and anywhere near msrp. talk to watt, he may be able to help. we're on a list but not terribly confident.

Old 11-16-2003, 03:09 PM
I soon will be a supporting member
dbelleperc is on a distinguished road
I will give me uncle a e-mail, he used to be a big shot at ford and raced and owned a GT, he still has good connections with them.

Last edited by dbelleperc; 11-16-2003 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-16-2003, 03:53 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
I believe the Ford GT is a little over hyped. Put a good set suspension, wheels and tires on your beast and there won't be much to compare.

Old 11-16-2003, 04:43 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
The car is cool and I have seen the video of a test drive...No doubt about it's power and handling capablities. The interior however, is pretty chincey...Modern day Ford p/u stylie... IMHO

Last edited by rockitman; 11-16-2003 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-16-2003, 04:59 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Buddy, here's the link to the vid I saw click on TopGear_GT40.wmv

http://www.fast-trucks.com/

Old 11-16-2003, 05:46 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Peformance wise yes the RED BEAST will destroy the Ford GT but I just love the looks and the nostaglia of the Ford GT40. I mean beating Ferrari 3 straight times at Lemans is awesome!

Old 11-16-2003, 06:05 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
i dunno, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. i think that interior is great. 3400 lbs doesn't drive me crazy happy, but the car seems like something any enthusiast would be happy to drive and own. if i had another garage space, i might get one after they tank.

Old 11-16-2003, 06:11 PM
Certainly a nice complement to any performance stable...

Old 11-16-2003, 06:21 PM
jcramair1 is on a distinguished road
Buddy I couldn't agree with you more on the feeling you would have driving that car knowing that it took out the F-car at Lemans. I also think that the look of the car is awesome, certainly a great addition to your stable...Go get her!!

Old 11-16-2003, 06:47 PM
Watch the above video and you will understand!

Old 11-16-2003, 06:48 PM
MKW
MKW is on a distinguished road
There's just something wicked about a wide fixed roof street car that' s just 43 " tall. Just nice to have a few more iconic sports cars on the road , since Ford , et.al. have done more than their fair share of littering our roads with assorted trucksters.
Back when I started college not that many years ago, in Southern California , friends joked that where I came from ( Central Valley ) , us "hicks" drove trucks even if we didn't have a farm . Since then Detroit has done such a masterful job of selling $15K pick -ups disguised as pure profit $55K SUVs to even the most snobby neighborhoods , that Porsche has one . Let the Camry and Accord and a few Euro nameplates sell sedans in the US , the US makers seem to believe.

Old 11-16-2003, 06:56 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
43" inch it sure looks good in person

more GT at SEMA!!!
http://homepage.mac.com/arlingwang/PhotoAlbum14.html

Last edited by 20C4S; 04-12-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:57 PM
Hossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant future
Originally posted by rockitman
The interior however, is pretty chincey...Modern day Ford p/u stylie... IMHO
I'm sitting here looking at the interior in the November issue of Automobile magazine and there's nothing about it that looks anything like any other Ford that I've ever seen. It's very cool, IMO.

Old 11-16-2003, 09:12 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Looks wise it is very nice. Just doesn't appear tp have the potential to expand like the 996tt does. It is definitely larger , higher, heavier and more confortable than my GT40 Mark II. It's also faster in a straight line. Funny though, I paid $17,900. for mine in 1973. It was second hand and alot of money back then.

Extremely few of the older cars, Cobras, GT40's, certain Ferrari's, Porsche 959's and GT1's etc, can perform as good as a well modified 996tt.

Last edited by cjv; 11-16-2003 at 09:17 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I need an early spot on a Ford GT!