996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

This Porsche 911 is Not Monkeying Around

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 10:08 PM
Bader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud of
Personally I think the most important aspect here is money. If you have the money you can find someone skilled to do the work. If you just bring Someone not as highly skilled and less money it's a waste of time and money. So I agree that money isn't the only factor but it's a big part of the process.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:26 AM
Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !
You will definitely go faster with a faster car, but it still doesn't mean you'll go faster than a skilled driver.

I've seen a rental car Mustangs (old 160hp V6) pass a C5 Corvette on a roadcourse. Similar things happen all the time when an instructor goes out in the Novice groups.

The difference between driver skill can make up a lot on the roadcourse. Even with a crappy driver, I doubt you will ever see a 160hp mustang beat a 350hp C5 Corvette, in roll racing or drag racing.

The more skilled driver will always win an any form, but the gap is not a big.

Later, Steve

Old 04-14-2015, 10:25 AM
mrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
I always find it amusing when someone thinks that "going in a straight line" just takes money and not much skill. That might work getting a 13 second car into the 12s but very quickly you find that you do actually have to have skill and be able to drive. Roll racing likely much the same, break traction at near triple digits and it's you keeping it out of the wall. There's more than a few videos of people trashing their cars doing these "simple" things - enough that one might actually think there's some skill involved to go real fast....
Obviously one needs to know how to drive well to handle a car that is going well into the triple digits. I was only making the point (poorly I guess) that the skill required to drive a road coarse is far more involved than accelerating in a straight line which is, let's be honest, not much more than keeping it between the ditches.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:30 AM
mrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Steve Jarvis
I've seen a rental car Mustangs (old 160hp V6) pass a C5 Corvette on a roadcourse. Similar things happen all the time when an instructor goes out in the Novice groups.
This.
Skill simply goes a lot further toward securing victory on a road coarse. Money does the same in a straight line. Someone here even has this as their signature...I think pwdrhound.

It is a simple truth.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:37 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
That isn't my preferred style of racing, but you have to admit that the car is pretty impressive. That HP number is shocking.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Dennis C
That isn't my preferred style of racing, but you have to admit that the car is pretty impressive. That HP number is shocking.
No one can argue with this statement. This car and Tim's really stand out for their innovation and build quality (and HP!!!)

Old 04-15-2015, 05:45 AM
Bader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud of
The car is something else , great job for whoever worked on it, how did he make the mufflers come to the riddle like a cayman