996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Climate Control (Tunring off the Blower Fan)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 08:32 AM
NTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond repute
Climate Control (Tunring off the Blower Fan)

So I found it odd that I have to press the "-" button on the fan speed switch repetedly until it turns off. How can there not be an "off" button for the climate control.

So I did a seasrch and found a book at this link that says you can just double press the "-" fan button and the fan will turn off. Mine doesnt do this. Does yours?

Here is the link... The statment is in the paragraph that starts with "Manual blower fan..."

https://books.google.ca/books?id=Raa...ontrol&f=false

Old 09-14-2015, 09:31 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NTIMD8
So I found it odd that I have to press the "-" button on the fan speed switch repetedly until it turns off. How can there not be an "off" button for the climate control.

So I did a seasrch and found a book at this link that says you can just double press the "-" fan button and the fan will turn off. Mine doesnt do this. Does yours?

Here is the link... The statment is in the paragraph that starts with "Manual blower fan..."

https://books.google.ca/books?id=Raa...ontrol&f=false
I have the book and sure enough that's what it says. But it is under the section of auto climate control. Does your car have that? My 2003 Turbo does. Honestly though I've never tried the double press of the '-' button. In fact didn't even know about it now.

The rare time I want the cabin fan off I just repeatedly press the '-' button until the fan is off.