996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evo Stage 4 vs. Ruf Rturbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 01:02 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Ruiner
So then it is "highly" underrated? That is the only explanation...
Nope, it means that American dynos and European dynos measure a bit differently, with Euro dynos generally being far more conservative.

It could also means that Ruf cars produce more consistent power --- "area under the curve."

To me, choosing between Stage 4 and the Ruf 550 is a no-brainer, even if they are "dead even." You get what you pay for.

Old 11-24-2005, 08:21 AM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Hamann7
Nope, it means that American dynos and European dynos measure a bit differently, with Euro dynos generally being far more conservative.

It could also means that Ruf cars produce more consistent power --- "area under the curve."

To me, choosing between Stage 4 and the Ruf 550 is a no-brainer, even if they are "dead even." You get what you pay for.
Euro dynoes are a lot different.Last year we took a ECU from a USA car that had 540hp and found that it was 40hp less when measured on a Maha

Old 11-24-2005, 08:33 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Griza
I need to race another modded turbo because my Ruf is fast but I really can't see it having close to 600hp. I beat a Gallardo by 5 cars from 30-130 and I had two other passengers crammed in. It is fast no question but it just doesn't seem *that* fast. I still have to go up against my buddy's 360CS but we had some snow mixed in with rain here in NY today so that might have to wait until spring depending on what happens here with the weather.
You should run a C6 Z, that ought to be interesting

Old 11-24-2005, 06:13 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Neil
Euro dynoes are a lot different.Last year we took a ECU from a USA car that had 540hp and found that it was 40hp less when measured on a Maha
...And we have found other "Euro" companies not mainstream like RUF to be short of their numbers. Or at least the US counterparts to be full of fluff should we say.

The intresting thing is this has nothing to do with Euro verses US dyno. It has to do with the type of dyno and how it loads.

Maha is considered one of the best as well Mustang, Dyno Pac and Dyno Dynmamics. These all represent the types of dynos out there. Water brake to Eddie current. So comparing numbers is hard to do from one dyno to the next. Bottom line is to measure baseline then the gains. Several of the above dynos carry a 3500 lb drag or inertia in AWD. No, aside from Maha. The flywheel in some of these is well over 1000lbs and that is not counting the Eddie current which weights more than that.

Other factors, ROZ verses RON. SAE correction....if used and if so what version.

Just for trivia since you seems to be hip on dynos can you tell us which one of the above mentioned dyno had some of the engineers leave Maha and help develop?

The dynos listed are some of the best because they steady state tune which requires a given rpm be held while you tune. One watches for the TQ to move up and down to dictate what the appropriate tune is. I do a ton of stand alone and these types of dynos are a must for this type of tuning.