996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Header recommendation needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
In the interest of full transparency, and since it has been brought up in this thread, I'd like to clarify the origins and construction of our products:

Fabspeed Motorsport performance products are designed, engineered, tested, and primarily fabricated right here at our facility outside of Philadelphia. Some components of our high-volume products for early-model cars are outsourced to vendors all over the world. Our goal is to provide the very best possible product to our customers at a price that is fair and commensurate with the rest of the market. If we see an opportunity to increase quality or improve manufacturing efficiency which we can then pass on to our customers, then we do so.

For example, the best quality catalytic converters in the world are made by HJS, which is a German company. No American made catalyst can compare in terms of reliability and efficiency. Similarly, there are no American companies that can cost-effectively mass product investment-cast merge collectors, so we work with a very reliable vendor in Taiwan who specializes in this procedure to produce these cast collectors for us. We sent prototype samples to vendors in the USA, the UK, Europe, and Asia and made our decision based upon the best quality, consistency, and reliability. We could make these parts in-house, but the cost would nearly quadruple since we’re not tooled up for high volume production of these components. However, each and every component that we outsource is shipped directly to our plant here in Pennsylvania where we put it through rigorous quality control testing to ensure that it meets our strict specifications.

This global sourcing actually goes both ways. Our in-house Precision department actually engineers and manufactures small-batch parts and components for a wide variety of other companies all over the world, from military contracts to consumer goods.

We share the same manufacturing processes as many of the world’s most successful and respected companies. The iPhone, for example, is designed in California and manufactured completely overseas. Most of the components for American cars are now manufactured largely in Mexico and Asia. We do not base our manufacturing practices on location, but on the quality, reliability, and performance of the end product.

We take a lot of pride in our product line, and we stand behind the products that we design and manufacture with a Lifetime Limited Warranty.

Here are a couple of videos showing the breadth and capability of our facility here, as well as the engineering and design that goes into the production of our products. I’d encourage you to enjoy them when you have a few minutes, so that you can make an informed and educated decision.

Ferrari F12 Development & Fabrication

Porche 911 Turbo Fabrication

Sorry for the lengthy post but we wanted to address that before talking about our header solution for you:

Our 996 Turbo Sport Headers were designed in house and are precision constructed out of 16 gauge T304L stainless steel. The welds are spot on, the interior of the pipes are smooth, and they simply look beautiful. We use a one piece cast merge collector in the interest of the smoothest possible air flow while minimizing the chance for failures from additional welds. Our equal length one piece CNC mandrel-bent primary tubes contribute even further towards power gains.

All of our performance products are covered by a Lifetime Limited Warranty, so if you ever run into any issues down the road, we will work with you to get them repaired, replaced, etc.

We do have a few in stock and I can unpack a set for more photos if you'd be interested in seeing more angles.

If anyone has any questions, I'm here to help.

- Nick

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 10-07-2015 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:57 AM
G-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by olwe
Having seen all the responses, and heard from Marski, I have determined that the path of least resistance, especially considering time factors, is to find a set of stock headers. Does anyone on the list have a set he or she wants to sell?
I would also love to find a set of stock, ported headers. Someone should start an exchange program.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:22 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
We had a 996 in today for a Performance Package install, a few pics:

Old 10-08-2015, 09:31 PM
IITURBO is a name known to allIITURBO is a name known to allIITURBO is a name known to allIITURBO is a name known to allIITURBO is a name known to allIITURBO is a name known to all
I have a full Fabspeed setup from the headers back, and I'm very happy with it!

Old 10-09-2015, 02:21 AM
calbobba996TT is a jewel in the roughcalbobba996TT is a jewel in the roughcalbobba996TT is a jewel in the roughcalbobba996TT is a jewel in the rough
I have these, very good quality.

http://www.fftec.com/item/1032/FFTEC...997_Turbo.html

Boris

Old 10-10-2015, 06:53 PM
itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !
stock unless you need them for a non EO fit turbo

Old 10-11-2015, 09:15 AM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
have heard ported stock headers are the best, i replaced my stock headers years ago , can't remember with what but did not feel and difference ...

Old 10-11-2015, 04:39 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
thats what the tuner/shop i use as needed does. works for me, near as i can tell.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:15 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
For what you're doing on K24s I'd use ported stock headers. That's what I used when I had my K24/18g setup and they worked flawlessly.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:39 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
me too am in calif 16,000 mile on em

Old 10-12-2015, 03:38 AM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
some shops that'll port the stock headers WILL swap out stock for ported as a "core exchange" kinda deal. but thats really a time honored answer,.. is ported stock ones.

Old 10-16-2015, 11:22 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
I saw on the Porsche Exchange Dyno a PCA member switched to a brand name header, not cheap ones, on his X-50 with a flash and had a catless X -pipe ,,, He didn't pick up any peak HP/TQ but lost low end spool time .. He was running 100 oct fuel with a tune for that.
He did say his stock ones were also ported.

Last edited by johnspeed; 10-16-2015 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:52 AM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

If I was going to buy headers these log tube equal length headers are the only ones I would buy price isn't too bad either

https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/...150734468.html

if you do buy them lets us all know how good they are

Old 10-26-2015, 10:33 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
IMO, From what I know about exhaust tuning in other areas, , I wouldn't use those long tubes.
But you never know unless you try .

Old 10-26-2015, 10:45 AM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
Each to his own Johnny equal length headers have always been the way to go IMO id probably ceramic coat though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Header recommendation needed