996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Has anyone ever seen a wood trim interior on a Porsche that looked GOOD?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 12:37 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
I agree that the dark color wood works well with your color interior.

Originally Posted by Sql_pl
That is one interesting thread. I believe it really depends on the color/finish of the wood and color of leather that it has to work with.

I was always 100% sure I would not touch a 996tt with wood inside it even with a long pole but found one last year that really worked for me and even though it has wood inside it really does not bother me at all. I think it works great with natural brown leather interior and basalt black exterior... please judge it from my pics:

Old 08-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ttpopo
lols, most Porsches ARE luxury cars.

some are sports too, but with the exception of the GT cars, they're ALL luxury cars.
Unless we're talking a broader definition of luxury items, I would disagree with you. For me a luxury car implies a high-end, comfortable one with a softer ride. I've driven an Audi A8L, and that's a luxury car. Even a Mercedes-Benz SL is a luxury car. My 996TT does not feel terribly luxurious even with its leather trim. I can't speak much about the newer models but I know a Cayenne isn't a sports car.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:02 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
I agree. Luxury should be appealing to the eye and very comfortable. To me that means high end sedans and Grand Touring vehicles (such as Austin Martin, Maserati, etc.). The ride in a 996TT is anything but luxurious I'd say

Originally Posted by Carbon
Unless we're talking a broader definition of luxury items, I would disagree with you. For me a luxury car implies a high-end, comfortable one with a softer ride. I've driven an Audi A8L, and that's a luxury car. Even a Mercedes-Benz SL is a luxury car. My 996TT does not feel terribly luxurious even with its leather trim. I can't speak much about the newer models but I know a Cayenne isn't a sports car.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:22 PM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
The wood trim on the 996 looks real cheap. Looks like plastic to me. I'm not a fan of it but have seen some nice cars with it and it made me sad!

Old 08-21-2018, 07:10 PM
Paul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond repute
Wood rarely looks good especially on the 911.

The silver / grey woods look good as long as they are dark and even grained.

In general I only like the matte finishes on the wood but...

I love the pin stripe wood in the yachting blue Panamera!

Old 08-22-2018, 06:53 AM
Atrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud of
Blast from the past, and wood still looks bad.