996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Battery charge issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 12:42 AM
spiderman is a splendid one to beholdspiderman is a splendid one to beholdspiderman is a splendid one to beholdspiderman is a splendid one to beholdspiderman is a splendid one to beholdspiderman is a splendid one to beholdspiderman is a splendid one to behold
So far so good with the new battery. Just checked it and it's sitting at 12.6. I did notice a strange beeping (very faintly) sound near the battery, towards the driver side front wheel. I tried to record it with my phone only the sound was too faint for my phone mic. Here is the video anyway so you can see where it was coming from. Video is with car unlocked and hood up (obviously). I listened and could still hear it with the hood closed and then again with everything closed and locked.

I was trying to record the sound through the perforated section of plastic to the side of the battery. Never noticed it before, but as I said, it is VERY faint.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:51 PM
fpb111 is on a distinguished road
Your alarm horn is in the area where you were trying to record. Maybe disconnect it and see if you still hear faint "beeping".

Disconnect your neg battery cable and put your multi-meter in series and see what your current draw is. Close the frunk and car doors wait 45 minutes then check the meter without opening anything. You should be ~ 0.15 milliamp draw (mA), some systems stay active for a few hours after you shut down.. Then try it again but lock the car this time.
With the car sitting for ~24 hours the draw should drop to less than/= 0.040 mA.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.