996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Finally! An alternative clutch master cylinder!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 09:21 PM
flewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeattleTurbo
Does anyone know if anybody is using this master cyl with success on an ERP triple carbon? I sent an email to SRM using their site but never got a reply. I'm doing GT2 conversion and clutch very soon and thinking may as well do this also if it works with the setup and makes it easier to drive.
it will work with any clutch. I have one in my car now as well but have not ran it yet. The adjustability is what makes it the solution to many clutch feel issues.

best way to get ahold of Sean is on Facebook messenger

Old 05-22-2017, 09:40 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
I couldn't find a page for SRM on there doing a search, is he doing it under his name? I don't know his last name haha.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:36 AM
flewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeattleTurbo
I couldn't find a page for SRM on there doing a search, is he doing it under his name? I don't know his last name haha.
Sean west

Old 05-23-2017, 07:57 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
SRM doesn't seem to be in a big hurry to produce and sell these... I talked to Sean a month ago asking for a quick turnaround because my master cylinder was toast. He said they had fabricated most of the parts already and they were doing a production run for the last piece that week. Haven't heard from him since.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:19 AM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Slider
SRM doesn't seem to be in a big hurry to produce and sell these... I talked to Sean a month ago asking for a quick turnaround because my master cylinder was toast. He said they had fabricated most of the parts already and they were doing a production run for the last piece that week. Haven't heard from him since.
I already have one in my car. It took a couple of weeks to get it but so be it. The install was a PITA. No fun working upside down, in a cramped position, with big hands.

The rod wouldn't go in the pedal for the life of me so I MICHed the bolt and the rod end. It was tight so I went and got a .005 bigger\larger bolt from the local hardware store and some nuts. All SS. Doubled up on the nuts, and viola.
I was under the dash 10+ times, seemed like hours, trying to put the oem bolt through,thinking I had terrible hand to eye coordination, motor skills. "I'm getting too old for this $h1t!" came out a few times. I'd get super frustrated, then walk away and come back again and again. Then it dawned on me to mich the oem bolt and the rod end hole. Let's say I felt pretty retarded at that point. Why didn't I try this from get go....

Having a hard time bleeding the little guy. Drivability is SOOOOOmuch better than before. Day and night difference. Have a dead spot. Will bleed a few more times. Will post more after.

Last edited by ADAMNSONS; 05-23-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:37 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Didn't turn down the bolt that goes through the pedal? I think I detailed that, just have to chuck it in a drill and use a little sandpaper

Edit: also, the pin only goes through one way. If you do it the other way it doesn't sit right and can't reach. Pretty sure I mentioned that in my write up too.

Last edited by BLKMGK; 05-23-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:23 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Got hold of Sean, he'd been out of town a few days.

The clutch master for an ERP clutch will have to be DIFFERENT from the existing one I installed. He spec'd this one specifically for his Tilton setup because the pedal was so heavy and limited with the OEM piece. One of his customers tried this one out on an ERP clutch and it didn't move enough fluid.

He cannot make a master for the ERP clutch setup using the Tilton bore, he cannot make it using the existing OEM bore either as it would still be heavy but you would get the adjustability at least. If that's what people want, just adjustability and the weight with the stock master is okay, let him know!

Otherwise he's still going to have to research to get the bore size right and maybe work with someone. Even making one with the stock bore size he still has to change his CNC process some and source the piston guts - not sure he's done that or not and I didn't ask.

Realize, he's cranking out intercoolers, fuel systems, fuel rails, and turbos like crazy and this is only a couple of folks doing it - he does Audi parts too! So custom new stuff can take some time when he's busy cranking out other parts.

Old 05-23-2017, 05:25 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Got hold of Sean, he'd been out of town a few days.

The clutch master for an ERP clutch will have to be DIFFERENT from the existing one I installed. He spec'd this one specifically for his Tilton setup because the pedal was so heavy and limited with the OEM piece. One of his customers tried this one out on an ERP clutch and it didn't move enough fluid.

He cannot make a master for the ERP clutch setup using the Tilton bore, he cannot make it using the existing OEM bore either as it would still be heavy but you would get the adjustability at least. If that's what people want, just adjustability and the weight with the stock master is okay, let him know!

Otherwise he's still going to have to research to get the bore size right and maybe work with someone. Even making one with the stock bore size he still has to change his CNC process some and source the piston guts - not sure he's done that or not and I didn't ask.

Realize, he's cranking out intercoolers, fuel systems, fuel rails, and turbos like crazy and this is only a couple of folks doing it - he does Audi parts too! So custom new stuff can take some time when he's busy cranking out other parts.
Thanks for figuring it out and updating the thread, I messaged him on FB and didn't get a reply yet.. I'll go ahead and order an OEM GT2/3 master and maybe revisit this down the road.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:26 PM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Didn't turn down the bolt that goes through the pedal? I think I detailed that, just have to chuck it in a drill and use a little sandpaper

Edit: also, the pin only goes through one way. If you do it the other way it doesn't sit right and can't reach. Pretty sure I mentioned that in my write up too.
I wish I had seen your post when I was doing it. I wouldn't have struggled.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by ADAMNSONS
I wish I had seen your post when I was doing it. I wouldn't have struggled.
Sean warned me the pin had to be turned down a hair but I didn't note orientation and spent way too much time trying to get the clip back on the pin once it fit in the pedal!

Old 10-23-2018, 10:37 PM
bushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Karl, did you manage to get your hands on one of these? Bought a BBI slave and was looking at mating it to a SRM master.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:14 AM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
Great post OP and thank you. I currently have an ERP triple disc it's kinda on the heavy side but tolerable at this time even in inclining heavy traffic good to know this is available for future use when I need a new left knee, lol

Old 10-24-2018, 08:04 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bushrat
Hi Karl, did you manage to get your hands on one of these? Bought a BBI slave and was looking at mating it to a SRM master.
Hey Al - No, I never heard from them again. I'm not a fan of having to pester a supplier for the "privilege" of buying their product. They never called me back even though I had money in my hand and was ready to run it over...

Old 10-24-2018, 08:40 AM
GT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm, I was considering buying one of these, but if the supplier is not interested, there is no point in trying I guess.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:21 AM
bushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Al - No, I never heard from them again. I'm not a fan of having to pester a supplier for the "privilege" of buying their product. They never called me back even though I had money in my hand and was ready to run it over...
Got the same treatment. Emailed them and never got a response. Odd way to run a business.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.