996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 Decklid replica -what brand?-

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 09:40 AM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
GT2 Decklid replica -what brand?-

Hi guys,

i bought this decklid. Anyone got a clue what brand that is? Doesnt look like mashaw, misha or precision. The wing isnt adjustable.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-...25088-223-2142

I like it anyway.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:12 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ghostofpain
Hi guys,

i bought this decklid. Anyone got a clue what brand that is? Doesnt look like mashaw, misha or precision. The wing isnt adjustable.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-...25088-223-2142

I like it anyway.
Does not look like either of the usual suspects. The 3rd brake light is different. Looks good though. Once you find out who makes it, might be worth contacting to see if they offer an adjustable angle hinge. The OEM GT2 one won't work on this one because the upright duct structure is different. Might be able to buy one from Precision. They make a hinge similar to factory, but that fits this style of upright attach point.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:33 AM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
You are a good observer. Indeed the 3rd brake ligh isnt the stock one. Its smaller and longer though.

I like the ram air effect of the Decklid, since negative pressure is always a problem.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:44 PM
Installed the Decklid. Fits pretty good. Went back to the stock airbox.
Now it gets some Color. Ram Air effect for the win.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FettesVieh.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	477447  
Old 05-29-2017, 04:20 PM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ghostofpain
Installed the Decklid. Fits pretty good. Went back to the stock airbox.
Now it gets some Color. Ram Air effect for the win.
your car looks great!

I moved the air box out of the engine bay because, even with the ram air, I think the high temps in the engine compartment would hurt the performance. By the time you replace restrictive Turbo intakes, and put a sealed intake box in there, don't forget the added cost, it's so much better to put the filters on the turbos and get it out of the hot engine bay. I agree the GT2 deck lid, with the scoops is a good idea to bring cold air in the engine bay. Looks so much better than the Turbo deck lid too

Last edited by ADAMNSONS; 05-29-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:24 PM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
Love the color‼️

Old 05-30-2017, 12:52 AM
Me too. :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.