996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Seat options for the 996

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 06:16 PM
MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
You know what I'm gonna say haha. But I agree with John once again on the factory 996 Recaro's. I have lots of track time as well as traffic time in them and I always loved them. You almost don't think about it and that's when you know you have a good seat! And consider them an investment. I'm stuck between those and the Tecnocrafts.
Ha...yeah, love the look of the Tecnocrafts but for approx. $5-6k and without being able to sit in them (in a 911 with stiff suspension), I don't want to risk it.

Those Tecnocrafts might be "comfortable" but not likely as comfortable as the GT3 Euro buckets for street driving (is my guess). ?

Old 05-28-2017, 05:10 AM
mxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ADAMNSONS
I have no experience with the 997 GT2 seats, but the CarbonFiber GT2 seats that came in 996s in Europe, same as Carrera GT seats, will be torture for you! I'm 5'10" 180lbs, and my lats barely fit. I have to sit up straight\high where my lats fit like a glove. I doubled up on seat cushion inserts just to prop up a couple of inches.

Be forewarned!!
Sorry... I wasn't clear enough... I am talking about the 997 GT2 seats..and I have direct, ongoing experience with them. I am 6'2" ~230lbs and have done 4+ hours in them without issue. Wife in the passenger seat has same results. The only people I've had have issues with them are people with "wide hips".

Again I realize the are not within your stated budget but if you can stretch a bit they are great seats.

In the vain of forewarning... I'd suggest at least sitting in a set of the euro GT3 seats before you get a set to drive with. At 6'2" ~230 they were way to uncomfortable for me, your (seemingly) similar build is gonna be tight in them.

Last edited by mxracer; 05-28-2017 at 05:17 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:38 AM
MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mxracer
Sorry... I wasn't clear enough... I am talking about the 997 GT2 seats..and I have direct, ongoing experience with them. I am 6'2" ~230lbs and have done 4+ hours in them without issue. Wife in the passenger seat has same results. The only people I've had have issues with them are people with "wide hips".

Again I realize the are not within your stated budget but if you can stretch a bit they are great seats.

In the vain of forewarning... I'd suggest at least sitting in a set of the euro GT3 seats before you get a set to drive with. At 6'2" ~230 they were way to uncomfortable for me, your (seemingly) similar build is gonna be tight in them.
Great input, thank you...yeah, would hope to try the elephant ears before buying. Thought I had a set lined up to try this morning but the guy didn't show up at the Diablo PCA show.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:43 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
The spx's are tempting. I think my *** is too wide for gt3 seats. Plus I think getting my kids 5 point car seat wouldn't be doable but maybe in the spx

Old 06-01-2017, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
The spx's are tempting. I think my *** is too wide for gt3 seats. Plus I think getting my kids 5 point car seat wouldn't be doable but maybe in the spx
Yeah but at $6k plus...the SPX's are pretty pricey. GT3 seats are $3000-3500.

The SPX's are a lot nicer looking though (as they should be).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.